No announcement yet.

Favourite retro wrestling games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrestlefest was great and definitely took a large percentage of my pocket money growing up.
    I think my favourite retro games are Virtual Pro Wrestling 2, Giant Gram and Super Fire Pro Premium X which for a 16bit game captured the personality and moveset of each character brilliantly and had a really deep control system.

I love the Wrestle War boxart for the JPN version, they didn't give a damn about copyright infringement and it's not as if you can play through the main game as Titan Morgan.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      I'm not a fan of wrestling, but I thought WrestleFest in the arcades was incredible. The graphics were stunning for the time[1991] and the speakers had really booming sound.
      Yeah, you can't go wrong with WrestleFest even today:

Fire Pro D Wrestling still remains one of the finest games on the planet, even the newer one use the same system and graphics.

Comment

I'd been on the fence about Fire Pro Wrestling World. It's been currently on sale for 11.99 on PS Store, so I took the plunge yesterday (sale price ends today). Oh, so glad I got it. It's wonderful. There's a mission mode (tutorial) which really helps, as going in blindly can be frustrating. It's such a considered wrestling game.

Then there's the customisation. Here's a video of a match I captured with my classic WWF setup (entrance music included). The fight actually finishes perfectly. All fighter are CPU.

Comment

WCW VS NWO REVENGE!!!!!

I'd say the later ones but I popped my cherry on that one, absolutely caned it with our kid, and I still kinda like it the best. And no faffing about with finding an uncensored PAL version. Nothing more satisfying than bursting a head open with a metal chair in WCW VS NWO!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X