Favourite retro wrestling games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastyy View Post

Saturday night slam masters 2 though granted unlike the original its more of a traditional fighting game
    Ring of Destruction is quite rubbish, in all fairness.

The original Slam Masters/Muscle Bomber is much better but they both suffer from complicated controls. You shouldn’t need to execute SFII-style commands in a wrestling game imo.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      Smackdown 2 barely makes the criteria of this thread but played it to death when I was younger, really want to pick up an NTSC copy at some point.
      What is the lineage between WCW vs NWO Revenge and the Smackdown games? They're connected, right?

Comment

Don’t think so, Smackdown is by Yuke’s.

Looking at their Wiki page they also made Evil Zone. Remember that? lol

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
          WWF Arcade is one that intrigued me and is on my list of games to get. From what I’ve seen the MegaDrive port looks to be quite a bit better than the SNES.
          Yeah, it features a couple of extra wrestlers not present in the Snes version as well as more speech and extra animations - Blast Processing!!

Comment

Wrestle War on the MD was always a fun distraction.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              I tried Fire Pro on the DC. What is happening?! Lol
              I does take a while to get into. There's some great guides out there if you're struggling.

I was a devotee to WWF No Mercy for years until my memory card got corrupted and all my edited wrestlers got deleted. I then decided to give Fire Pro D a go and got hooked. It seemed impossible to play to start with but once you realise it's all about timing the button presses rather than mindless mashing it all starts to make sense.

The edit mode in the game is amazing as is the fact that it can carry off every style of wrestling you can imagine. You can have just as much fun with two Greco Roman style wrestlers as you can with lucha libre, hardcore, 90s puro or pretty much anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Wrestle War on the MD was always a fun distraction.
                I quite liked it back in the day. The graphics are pretty good -- and it has some fun touches. I haven't played it for ages though.

Comment

Yeah, it probably hasn't aged well, were I to play it now.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    Yeah, it probably hasn't aged well, were I to play it now.
                    I probably have my original boxed copy in storage, so I'll try to find it. I hardly ever sell things unless they're suddenly worth tons of dosh.

I have the Japanese version with Hulk Hogan on the cover.

The UK cover looks really bad.
                    Last edited by Leon Retro; 04-04-2019, 13:00.

Comment

I played it just now, and it's crap. Some amusing facial expressions though.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                        I played it just now, and it's crap.
                        A very succinct review.

I remember liking the graphics -- but the gameplay felt quite basic. I think if offered a challenge though. I will boot it up on my Pi later.

Comment

Mine would be

WrestleFest - Arcade

The Main Event - Arcade

Pro Wrestling - Master system

Six men scramble - Sega Saturn (awesome fun in 6 player mode)

All Japan Pro wrestling - Sega Saturn

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post

Pro Wrestling - Master system
                            I remember borrowing that from a friend and really liking it. But I have no memories of what it looked like, or how it played. I will take a look on YouTube.

Comment

I spent Sunday playing Fire Pro D on the Dreamcast, replaying Dynamite Kid vs Tiger Mask matches. It's a game I've always played around with but have only scratched the surface. Debating wether to keep on with Dreamcast, or pick up the ps4 version with its training modes and whatnot.

Comment

WWF Smackdown 2 is my overall favourite, as it's just so easy to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X