Where do people get their news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    Wow, just followed Solar's link. Was not prepared. I think it's saying something about what sites like that can achieve that you can link to it while making the case that it's just linking important headlines. That is not a healthy site.
    Article 13 will destroy it (as it will a lot of similar sites) - all the egregious self-promotion and selective articles aide - it's not aggregating news, it's regurgitating the copy in full (and taking the Google Ads revenue along with it).

There are far better news aggregation sites out there like https://feedly.com/ (just don't use an SSO on these sites because that's all about the data leech - sign up with a straight site login) - these allow you to source news with your own search keywords (or direct source) across twitter, blogs or websites, not just have them selected for you.
    Last edited by MartyG; 04-04-2019, 18:47.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
      The whole shapeshifting lizard people thing is down to Arizona Wilder, who really is absolutely crackers. If you ignore all that nonsense then Icke does make a lot of sense on certain topics. And that’s where I’m going to leave it.
      Yeah, his illuminati/NWO beliefs, for example, aren't completely insane and ridiculous at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
        People here ain't better than that. I was judged here for my choice of potato crisp. Another fella said I was dead inside for not like a particular movie. I thought he was joking but he backed it up with a second post saying I was joyless. I wonder if the UN, when they measure happiness in different countries, show that same movie?

Folk like to judge. And label. I reckon it's because they fear uncertainty and so they lie to themselves by categorising everything. That's guy's posh. That's fella's shady. That guy's smart. That girl's temperamental. It's all an attempt to hide from our ignorance. I say embrace ignorance. It's the only thing that's real.
        Hush hippie 🤫😁

Comment

I have a secret web of spies who feedback to me all the pertinent information I need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
            Sky news, BBC, Twitter. There are some good journalists on Twitter (Beth Rigby, Lewis Goodall, Faisal Islam) who I find very informative.
            I look at Sky News, BBC and on occasion Al Jazeera, France 24 and Euronews.

Agree about Faisal, straight talking and explains things in a good way. Norman Smith I like at the Beeb as well.
            There's another bloke on Sky News who does some great finance analysis with graphs that are meaningful (Ed Conway - thanks Google).

Really like current affairs - before the netage I used to sub to Time and Newsweek.

Thought Ars Technica made headphones, I'll take a look at them/it.

Comment

There should be a news site that only reports unbiased, factual, evidence backed news reports but the site is called Fake News so Trump is constantly advertising it globally

Comment

My other concern with the news is that it always pins its hopes on science and technology. Have you noticed that?

Comment

In terms of health, environment etc?

Comment

Chanting around stones was good enough in my day. You didn't see any of us dropping dead from the plague.

Comment

What has technology ever done for us?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        In terms of health, environment etc?
                        In terms of our collective woes. The sense I get from the news when it reports on breakthroughs in science and technology (both when I used to watched it on TV or when I hear it on the radio now) is a misplaced hope that science and technology will save us from ourselves. I don't know about other people, but robots that do the housework isn't what's missing from my life, nor is it a driverless car, or finding life on mars, or a quantum computer that I can wear on my wrist, or a TV thinner than a strand of hair.

But it goes deeper than that, the news seems to suggest that if we can only control our environment completely through science and technology, that we'll be sorted, we'll be set, that our suffering will be over. But the seeds of poverty and violence and war and greed and anger and jealousy and suffering are born, first and foremost, in our consciousness, not necessarily our external conditions.

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Chanting around stones was good enough in my day. You didn't see any of us dropping dead from the plague.
                        You're in a feisty mood today! That's an observation, by the way, not a judgment!

You've actually highlighted another side effect of the news: the false perception that we must keep marching on in the direction we are now because the only other alternative would mean a return to a primal way of life, living in caves, worshiping trees and the like. It paints life in black and white. But there are surely plenty of better alternatives to, let's say, the economic system we have now. But the news doesn't tell us that. Nor does it tell us that infinite growth on a finite planet is an impossibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
                          My other concern with the news is that it always pins its hopes on science and technology. Have you noticed that?
                          Not on DavidIcke.com.

Comment

Oh...?

Comment

Working...
                            X