No announcement yet.

Chinese GDEMU: Just as good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’ve misunderstood me. I’m not saying it’s good to buy a knockoff, I’m disagreeing with you when you’re saying the current ordering process is easy/simple.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
      Pretty ****ty not supporting the person who created it, but I guess that’s up to you.
      Well, if he bloody had some to buy without having to either get lucky or wait ages then I would. The fact is he never has enough stock. If a supplier can't supply then someone will always pick up the slack.

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
        As SD a said" you can't update the software"

Why don't you just buy the original ones when they come up, they're 130€ (not a lot of money for what it does really)

No offence but I can't understand why anyone would want to buy Chinese knocks offs
        It looks like it works well with the current firmware.

I think some people will want to buy from the guy who designed it, simply because they might think it's better quality and can have upgrades. Others will be happy to pay £60 for essentially the same thing, even if you can't upgrade the firmware.

Krikzz makes Everdrives, but you can buy alternatives. I think this is the same sort of situation. I'd buy from the designer of the GDEMU if it were maybe £99 and easy to order. He needs to react to what's happening with this Chinese version.

I'm not in a rush to buy a GDEMU, but I was curious to know if this cheaper version is essentially the same thing.

Comment

I would go the IDE hard drive route. Every game on the drive, saves faffing around with sd cards.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
            I would go the IDE hard drive route. Every game on the drive, saves faffing around with sd cards.
            There aren't loads of Dreamcast games that I like, so I will have a smallish collection of games I'm still interested in playing. A 64GB card might be enough. I like the idea of having an SD card inside the machine -- it's a neat solution.

I just have to check which Dreamcasts I have are compatible and then choose the best looking one.

Comment

128/256GB SD cards cost next to nothing currently in addition.

Comment

Phoebe up for order at 5pm today if anyone cares. 21 pin drive Saturn drive replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  Phoebe up for order at 5pm today if anyone cares. 21 pin drive Saturn drive replacement.
                  Is it compatible with all Saturn models? How much does it cost?

I'm definitely interested in being able to run Saturn games from an SD card. Especially seeing Saturn emulation will probably never be 100%.

Comment

Pheobe is for 21 pin drives, Rhea for 20 pin as I understand.

You'll need to open your Saturn to check specifically which jumper config you need on the Pheobe though if you don't have soldering equipment in house.

More details on Saturn variants here: https://gdemu.wordpress.com/details/saturn-details/

Apparently they sold out in a matter of minute, but I had no problem getting on the page during that phase. Nearly bought one but that model selection thing was a curveball considering I don't currently own a Saturn. I like HST-3200 personally so I think it's a Rhea that I'll get in the end.

Oh and it's 130 Euros shipped.

Comment

Working...
                    X