Assassin's Creed IX: Valhalla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscr...tm_name=iossmf

That said I did find it from just searching for AC:Valhalla on Youtube. Ubisoft media teams trying to play whack-a-mole atm. To me it came across as a re-skinned Origins/Odyssey but I'm trying not to say that as a negative. And that's to be expected.
    Last edited by Digfox; 06-07-2020, 08:37.

Comment

I watched it last night, thanks for posting it Neon. It does look more of the same. I was worried that ancient Egypt and Greece would have way better environments, way more fantastical than old England, but it does look like they've done a good job. I'd like it if there were way less map than Odyssey, and more quality questing instead of just loads of 'em. Malaka!

Comment

Ubisoft have previously said that Valhalla will be less grindy than Odyssey (also similar to the above link).

Many Odyssey players found themselves being taken out of the main story and forced to level grind. Valhalla will have a large number of activities available outside of the story, like Viking raids and rap battles, but it sounds like these are meant to supplement the main story and not drag the player out for arbitrary grinding. Ismail said he wants to avoid players hitting a "progression spike" that will lead to this exact problem of players being forced to grind so they can continue the narrative.
        Which if true is good news, because there shouldn't be $10+ XP/Gold boosters in an offline single-player game (although they didn't specifically talk about boosters - but less grind should reduce the opportunity to sell those). Although the risk of in-game cash shop and overly aggressive MTX is still strong with this. So we shall see.

Comment

Is that an American voicing the female Eivor? 🤮

Comment

Did I read that correctly, rap battles?

I want dance offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              Did I read that correctly, rap battles?
              Apparently so.

“Flyting – this was something they did back then, both on the Norse side and also the Saxon side in England,” Alsmail started. “You know, this is one of the fun things to do when you’re sitting around in a Mead Hall. People would start drinking and kind of rhythmically insult one another for the cheers of the crowd around them.”

Comment

Never once heard of that referenced in anything Saxon or Norse I've read or seen.

Edit. Apparently was definitely a thing.

Comment

There's more footage leaking from Youtubers and Reviewers that have had access to this and Watch Dogs. I won't link directly because the footage includes a boss fight and is probably a moving target again.

Resetera link

Comment

Considering we've now seen PS5 games including Horizon2, plus Halo Infinite is being shown next week, Ubisoft really need to go back to the drawing board with this one and really try harder for next gen.

The voice acting is absolutely horrendous as well, especially after Odyssey and the fantastic effort made with Kassandra.

Comment

That it's so clearly current gen makes it all the more noticeable that it's still 30fps on next-gen systems

Comment

Doesn't change my outlook from the earlier footage.

And it's releasing on 17 November 2020

Comment

I just watched Skillup's Youtube video with his thoughts following a 4-hour session with the game. To me it sounds encouraging, i.e. there's a bit more difference between this and Origins/Odyssey, which is to be expected. And the news on 'free' next-gen versions sounds brilliant even if it is firmly routed in this gen. He does make the point that if you enjoyed Odyssey and played that for hundreds of hours then you'll probably enjoy Valhalla.

Usual silence on microtransactions and level gating is a worrying and won't really be resolved until the reviews come in.

Comment

Levelling works differently now apparently. You can fully level a weapon instead of worrying about always having a +1 extra power on whatever tat you pick up and can keep that weapons n through the whole game.

Comment

Game just looks so dull to me and the Art direction looks horrid

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                Game just looks so dull to me and the Art direction looks horrid
                                It's a wait and see for me. I mean, I really liked Origins and Odyssey was brilliant when played as Kassandra.

They have both elevated the gameplay in evolutionary steps but even though this should be a home run becsuse it's basically "Vikings" the game it's just feeling like a basic retread.

I do like how visceral the combat seems to be not with decapitations etc... But it just seems like it's mostly the same game, again.

If anything it'll be a game I pick up when it's discounted early in the new year

Comment

Working...
                                X