Assassin's Creed IX: Valhalla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assassin's Creed IX: Valhalla

Speculation mounted that an Easter Egg n The Division 2 revealed that the setting for the ninth mainline Assassin's Creed game would be a Viking one.

An unusual teaser in Ubisoft’s loot shooter The Division 2, highlighted weeks after the game’s release, reveals that the next Assassin’s Creed game is all about Vikings. Kotaku can independently confirm the same.

Kotaku claims the speculation is accurate. Assassin's Creed IX is targetting a 2020 release, likely cross-gen.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 29-04-2020, 23:08.

I'm just mopping up the DLC in Odyssey and it's been utterly superb. So yeah I'll be all over this.

Since Origins the series has slowly morphed into open world rpg and it's all the better for it.

Comment

UPDATE 30/4/20: Watch today's live reveal of the first Assassin's Creed Valhalla trailer at 4pm UK time, right here.Be …

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla is the revealed name

Comment

Saw this on 'era; 14 studios worked on this AC. Least you know the in-game cash store and XP booster will be working flawlessly day-one.

That's got to be right up there in terms of the resources thrown at this behemoth.

Last edited by Digfox; 30-04-2020, 08:13.

Comment

Enjoyed the last two so would be interested in a series X/PS5 version.

Comment

I personally enjoyed the last two, although they are huge games now that require an immense time investment to complete. I've put 32 hrs into Odyssey but barely feel like I've scratched the surface. I also hate the in-game cash shop and XP/credit boosters. This s*** should not be in a £60-90+ single-player game (although I know that could be said of any AAA game now).

Although I did feel happier with the world when I read about the large number of people modding that out on the PC version. I didn't even realise you could mod the PC version.

Comment

It's a simple equation. The more studios work on a game, the better the game will be.

They absolutely smash these out. Odyssey was only in 2018 and that's a ~150 hour game as I understand it. Kind of incredible honestly.

Comment

20 hours into odyssey and loving it. May save Valhalla for PS5 though.
                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 30-04-2020, 14:48.

Comment

Full trailers out, some full on revisionism going on with ubisoft, well they've got an excuse with saxon era being badly documented to come up with whatever they wanted (more mythical monsters and i assume norse gods will turn up). Making out the vikings to be good guys and the Saxons the badguys for defending their land from murderers and rapists.. what absolute crap. The bit in the trailer where hero viking lets the women go during the pillage of a village made me laugh.

Comment

They stole the scenes in that FMV trailer right out of Vikings (Amazon show) right down to the visions of Odin.

Comment

I'm interested to see how the game looks in action from a visual standpoint, I do miss the pre-Witcher style style though. Series lost me with the current RPG grindfest approach

Comment

Another interview here with some more details.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                          They stole the scenes in that FMV trailer right out of Vikings (Amazon show) right down to the visions of Odin.
                          Yeah I thought the same thing. The framing of some of the shots are exact replicas. Total plagiarism

Comment

Keeps getting pulled but 30 mins of gameplay:

Looks like fans of the last two games or gamers wanting something resembling a Witcher 3 expansion pack will be happy. Definitely a current gen game though through and through. I'll wait on this one, Ubisoft still seems to be headed hard down the path of making AC's that are AC's in name only.

Comment

And gone again.

Comment

Working...
                              X