Assassin's Creed IX: Valhalla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nonny View Post
    It's a wait and see for me. I mean, I really liked Origins and Odyssey was brilliant when played as Kassandra.
    I couldn't really take to Odyssey and while they're all mostly the same game (like Yakuza) it's just the setting and art direction of this game that puts me off too. Not the biggest fan of this Nordic look and the game world doesn't look that interesting.

I might do the same as you and wait for the discount

Comment

Usually they discount it around the time the first DLC of the season pass is coming out... I did the same with Odyssey and picked up the Gold edition with the season pass for an easy £25 saved.

CDkeys also tend to have a discount a few months after launch.

Comment

For those with a capable PC a cheap enough key should come up at some point and it'll be the best version even on current gen level towers so worth keeping an eye out in the coming weeks

Comment

Ubisoft have about turned and confirmed they've got the next-gen versions of the game running at 60fps

Comment

They've also said it's coming Nov 10th to launch with the Xboxes...

Comment

A load of bug fixes incoming but the biggest news is performance / quality graphics modes for next gen consoles.

The other takeaway is the patch is twice the size on Series S/X lol... It also calls out specifically fixing the Series X screen tearing.
              Last edited by nonny; 25-11-2020, 22:02.

Comment

Good news. Also seems to be getting a price cut for Black Friday?

Comment

The update is out now, just downloading.

Comment

For anyone with a PC make sure to use the Ubisoft+ route, one month costs about £15 and you can cane this, Watch Dogs Legion etc without paying a penny more.

Comment

So apparantly the patch completely messes up the PS5 version. Ran at almost locked 60 before, now reports of drops to 40fps. Crashes whenever menus are being accesses, game being unable top save, and more issues. I briefly played it before, but I think I'll stick with Demon's Souls til this is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                        So apparantly the patch completely messes up the PS5 version. Ran at almost locked 60 before, now reports of drops to 40fps. Crashes whenever menus are being accesses, game being unable top save, and more issues. I briefly played it before, but I think I'll stick with Demon's Souls til this is fixed.
                        Ouch how did they manage that!? It's fixed the Series X version as far as I can tell, haven't seen screen tearing playing last night.

I'm hearing there's a separate issue in PS where disc versions on PS4 aren't automatically upgrading to the PS5 version?

It's all a bit of a mess really for next gen but they'll sort it.

Comment

Glad i read that was going to buy it later today. Will wait till it’s fixed (again) and everything has settled down.

Comment

Working...
                          X