Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worlds Largest Gaming Collection ( NOT Last Gamer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love this in the comments:

Friend comes over
    “So what games do you have?”
    Yes

Comment

Oops, double post.
      Last edited by Yakumo; 11-04-2019, 23:03.

Comment

Originally posted by HailMary View Post
        Last Gamer owns an actual arcade AND a Hornet from Daytona, so I think he wins in general XD
        Yeah, but Last Gamer is F*ing loaded beyond anything we'll ever have.
        It would be possible for me to have thousands of games as he does since living in Japan gives me access to massive job lots with extreme ease at cheap prices. The thing is, where do I put all that stuff and do I really want a collection of 80% crap ill never even switch on? No, not really. Plus the missus would devorce me for sure she already dislikes the thousand or so titles I own.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that having a sh!t load of games isn't that difficult for many middle aged people. Having a fantastic display is. That's where Last Gamer shines most IMO.
        Last edited by Yakumo; 11-04-2019, 23:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          Yeah, but Last Gamer is F*ing loaded beyond anything we'll ever have.
          I remember him saying in one video that he wasn’t rich. Yeah right, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
            He'd be loaded if he didn't spend it all on games

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
              He said he made loads of money on the stock exchange. He has an outbuilding/showroom full of sports cars -- Ferraris etc.. that he drives at race tracks. The guy is loaded beyond most people's dreams.

I think it's pretty cool how he's presented his collection, but the whole thing isn't my cup of tea. It's not the sort of thing I watch on YouTube.

Comment

The Last Gamer isn’t a gaming channel really, it’s a DIY channel with games arbitrarily thrown in. He’s very good at putting things together and restoration but he definitely has an issue with hoarding things and keeping still. He always changes his mind about what he wants to collect for and his life seems constantly in flux. Luckily for him he’s got the money to make the changes he feels he needs to. I feel for poor Mandy.

Comment

I wonder if all these games were purchased used or if the guy went into his local store every week and essentially vomited several thousand dollars over the counter for new ones?

Comment

Not sure I see the appeal in complete sets. The vast majority will be junk especially on systems like the Wii. They're just clutter. I just buy stuff I like, so I have a small collection of great games. I probably have 150 games tops across 5 systems. They're also almost exclusively Japanese because for me the artwork and general presentation is half of the appeal, which is something North American and European games never had back in the day.

Would you sooner have one copy of Hyper Duel or 100 terrible Wii games?

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post

Would you sooner have one copy of Hyper Duel or 100 terrible Wii games?
                      I have bought quite a few terrible and dodgy games over the years, but they were soon relegated to a storage tub. I can't stand having rubbish sullying my collection. It's nice to look at my collection and only see good to great games.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                        I have bought quite a few terrible and dodgy games over the years, but they were soon relegated to a storage tub. I can't stand having rubbish sullying my collection. It's nice to look at my collection and only see good to great games.
                        Why? Do people come round and judge your collection? How would you tackle somebody that didn’t agree with you?

What about your collection outside of monetary value makes your collection what you admire so much?
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          Why? Do people come round and judge your collection? How would you tackle somebody that didn’t agree with you?

What about your collection outside of monetary value makes your collection what you admire so much?
                          Why does anyone collect anything? I heard of this one guy who would only have the Japanese versions of games on his shelf, something about Cero markings blah blah ;-)

Comment

Why? Do people come round and judge your collection?
                            At least twice a day.

How would you tackle somebody that didn’t agree with you?
                            Rugby tackle them.

It's definitely not about monetary value. I'm just talking about having a collection of games that really appeal to me. So when I look at my collection it's nice to see only games I'm fond of.

It's all about how some people like to have a complete collection for any given system, or only have games they know they enjoy and want to play. I used to have tons of games for all sorts of systems, but decided that having poor and average games felt negative, so I now have a much more streamlined collection of games that I enjoy playing. For example, I only have around 30 GameCube games.

Comment

I still have the UK Pocket full set… it’s a nice manageable size and the overall quality of the games is awesome. I think the only other full set I would have ever considered going for would have been the Master System. But not now though, that would have to have been done years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                Why does anyone collect anything? I heard of this one guy who would only have the Japanese versions of games on his shelf, something about Cero markings blah blah ;-)
                                That sounds a lot like the old version of me. Now I have files on a HDD. Still NTSC-J files though because old habits die hard. At least I have shelf space for the overly-expensive candles that I use to ploy hot chicks into bed now though. Haha.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X