No announcement yet.

The Division 2 - PS4 / XboxOne / PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked this up when it was on promotion just before Warlords of New York expansion, and I am really struggling with it. Even just through levelling (currently lvl 16, left side of the map). Part of it may be burn out from the first game which I poured a few hundred hours into, but I also think that for every step forward this took, it takes one or two steps back. My thoughts:
    • The gear drops whilst levelling are much better, in that you get legendaries and epic gear from early on (something the original didn't do until lvl 28).
    • There are also slightly more over world activities to do this time (control points and broadcasts). Although the game is missing those big DLC modes; Survival, Underground etc.
    • Main missions are dull, although to be fair this was also true of the first game.
    • You get so little XP from non-main story missions, that you basically prioritise main missions.
    • The map is badly designed imo. Three PVP zones was clearly a mistake, but it's also just not as well laid out as the original.
    • The main missions have some wonderful backdrops.
    • Washington D.C. and summer just isn't as memorable as the first game.
    • The new weapon attachments system is really bad. You unlock standard attachments for weapons as perks rather than find them as in the first game. This totally destroys any customisation of weapons.
    • No wandering named bosses as in the first game. Just yellow enemies.
    • Lots of glitches and issues like the first game, although it is very stable.
    • The battle pass only unlocks at level 40. So the game doesn't even reward you (as Destiny 2) just for playing. Again battle passes suck and shouldn't be in fall price games.
    • One of my favourite weapons has been ruined. The LVOA-C is a now a rifle (new category to this game) and handles horribly. It was so much better in the first game as an AR.

The game can and does look stunning. And obviously I haven't played endgame but I'm struggling to want to play this anymore. It's a shame because I think this would have been perfect DLC content for the first game (indeed I'm convinced WONY IS the Division 1 Year 2 content that was shelved - which explains the disconnect in the story).
    Last edited by Digfox; 23-05-2020, 10:36.

Comment

Working...
    X