No announcement yet.

Horizon II: Forbidden West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS do have the issue of convincing PS4 owners who are aware of Horizon zero Dawn and maybe who have played it, to not bother with the sequel and instead play a sequel to a game they probably don't know.
    Hellblade 2 did look amazing, but it was a precanned cut scene. I want to see gameplay.

Comment

I actually started the Horizon DLC last night and, graphically, the game (despite being released in 2017) ****s over most games released since.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        MS do have the issue of convincing PS4 owners who are aware of Horizon zero Dawn and maybe who have played it, to not bother with the sequel and instead play a sequel to a game they probably don't know.
        Hellblade 2 did look amazing, but it was a precanned cut scene. I want to see gameplay.

Jokes aside. I thought the killer game for SONY was God Of War that not only rammed home the graphical grunt of the PS4 over the One, but it showed that how a single player should be done and it sold millions. It really killed MS as they had no answer to it and also it showed that MS made a mistake with games having a heavy online focus.

When it comes to Halo, I really think only the 1st two games had the WOW moments for graphics. I wasn't all that impressed with the 360 games and for my money Killzone II was much better than any of the Halo 360's games graphically and was better to play too.

Graphically I found Horizon zero Dawn to be stunning (it still is) I didn't find it much fun to play though (sorry, its not meant as flambait)

Comment

I dunno man... Halo 4 was pretty impressive graphically running on the 360. The jump from Halo 3 to that was significant.

I'll also say (on topic) that I've yet to play Horizon Zero Dawn but saw a mate playing it at launch and it was very impressive technically. This also looks amazing as well...

10 or 12 or whatever flops is just numbers. This is obviously a team who knows what they're doing, doing what they do best on a solid machine. Hopefully it's reflective of what every developer will achieve on the same platform...

Comment

Killzone on the ps4 was a launch title and it still looks good today. The studio seem to get good results early on. It also shows that later down the line more games will start to get to this graphical level.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              Killzone on the ps4 was a launch title and it still looks good today. The studio seem to get good results early on. It also shows that later down the line more games will start to get to this graphical level.
              That’s partly due to the money that first party development teams can spend as well as technical prowess.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                Jokes aside. I thought the killer game for SONY was God Of War that not only rammed home the graphical grunt of the PS4 over the One, but it showed that how a single player should be done and it sold millions. It really killed MS as they had no answer to it and also it showed that MS made a mistake with games having a heavy online focus.

When it comes to Halo, I really think only the 1st two games had the WOW moments for graphics. I wasn't all that impressed with the 360 games and for my money Killzone II was much better than any of the Halo 360's games graphically and was better to play too.

Graphically I found Horizon zero Dawn to be stunning (it still is) I didn't find it much fun to play though (sorry, its not meant as flambait)
                Agreed. Kz3 with move controls and in 3D was good too.

Hellblade on the one x is possibly the best looking game I’ve ever seen but the gameplay was highly repetitive and I stopped playing it because it got boring. Kz4 on PS4 looked great but was an awful game. Not played zero dawn, I guess I should!

Comment

Guerilla have always been tech masters.

Gameplay though seems to have only really clicked from Killzone 3 onwards.

KZ 1 & 2 weren't the most fun to play. Looked stunning but a bit boring.

Comment

I enjoyed Killzone 3's gameplay, game looked stunning in motion too. Shadow Fall though, whilst the reveal was great the actual game sometimes ran rough and it played like a mangey dog. It's why I had so little hype for Horizon and whilst it wasn't perfect it was a first attempt at something new for the studio and the improvement over Shadow Fall as well as the amount it got right was hugely impressive, really hope the sequel has the required amount of polish to really nail the landing.

Comment

I finished the first one last week so confirmation of this follow-up was good timing. I think it'll be one of those games that really shows the prowess of the PS5 and what the machine is capable of. I do hope Guerilla can add enough new elements to the sequel as I don't want to just play a retread of H:ZD again (lovely environments and all).

Comment

The Frozen Wilds DLC just keeps getting better. And somehow the graphics keep improving!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          Agreed. Kz3 with move controls and in 3D was good too.

Hellblade on the one x is possibly the best looking game I’ve ever seen but the gameplay was highly repetitive and I stopped playing it because it got boring. Kz4 on PS4 looked great but was an awful game. Not played zero dawn, I guess I should!
                          I agree, but Hellbalde was done a cheap and with a tiny team. I don't think that's the case for the sequel. Killzone 2 was a staggering technical achievement and also for me played better than any of the Halo 360 games and while I didn't like the setting for KZ3 as much, it was another amazing looking game and played great too.

KZ 4 was a 'holy crap' moment for next-gen graphics and sadly also poor gameplay. But it did what I like from a launch title, it was doing and handling stuff that no other previous console could. It still looks amazing to this day

I know you might think and say I'm only hitting on Zero Dawn because it's SONY. I just didn't find the game fun to play and disliked the stealth parts. It was worth getting mind, to show off the PS4

Comment

2021 release, almost no loading including when using fast travel

Comment

Feb 2017 and I quote, ahem.

In the new video, developers from Guerrilla Games talk about their ambitions for Horizon Zero Dawn and how they went about creating the game world. Also discussed are things like the new strides the team made in terms of facial animation, as well as advances to the studio's engine so that there are no loading screens at all once the game is booted up. Take a look at the full video above.
                              Welcome to 2017.

Comment

Hahaha yeah, that doesn't seem very impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X