No announcement yet.

Possible Cps2 collection coming ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly believe less is more with a proposition like this. Once you have 100+ games you end up playing none of them. Or that's the case with me. But I do think official purchasable game packs would be a good idea.

Think of it as a supergun with a few of your fave Capcom boards and it makes (some) sense.

And even though i dislike the case, I like the built-without-compromise approach to the components. If it was considerably cheaper with cheap sticks and buttons people would be talking about swapping that trash out anyaway.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      I honestly believe less is more with a proposition like this. Once you have 100+ games you end up playing none of them. Or that's the case with me. But I do think official purchasable game packs would be a good idea.
      I agree with you on the less is more front: too many games and you end up playing nothing. Extra game packs would be taking the piss though, considering this is literally running roms on FinalBurn.

Comment

The screen showing the game logos on the official site does seem to have a deliberate blank area. Maybe more games will be added?

Comment

It's... ugly.

They've included onboard Wi-Fi solely for the uploading of high scores?!

Comment

Just watched the reveal vid.

Christ, that thing is so ugly it really ain’t got no alibi.

My interest has been considerably dampened - can’t justify £200+ for a Sanwa base running FBA emulation. What a fail.

On some small brightside, at least Capcom appear to have retrieved the AvP licence so here’s hoping it gets home ports somewhere down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
              Extra game packs would be taking the piss though, considering this is literally running roms on FinalBurn.
              Agreed. Capcom and whoever they’re teaming up with for this would be well advised to avoid doing that.

Tommo tried that sh1t with the Neo-Geo X by way of extra ROMs on SD cards and that went down like a lead balloon.

Comment

Looks like they’ve decided to use FBA without permission. Classy!

Has reminded me of the Darksoft CPS2 though, yum.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                  Agreed. Capcom and whoever they’re teaming up with for this would be well advised to avoid doing that.

Tommo tried that sh1t with the Neo-Geo X by way of extra ROMs on SD cards and that went down like a lead balloon.
                  The ability to ‘hack’ these things is nowerdays part of the product development meeting. I wouldn’t be surprised if the ‘hacking’ required for this is just plugging in a usb stick with teh roms.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                    The ability to ‘hack’ these things is nowerdays part of the product development meeting. I wouldn’t be surprised if the ‘hacking’ required for this is just plugging in a usb stick with teh roms.
                    Still doesn’t justify the pricepoint or cutting corners by using FBA for the software.

Comment

SNK are doing something similar by all accounts. Some kind of bartop.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

That. Is. Hideous!

Comment

LOL WTF, did they see what sony did & said hold my beer.

Overpriced & super ugly, game selection isn't exactly stellar either.

Comment

I bloomin love it

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              SNK are doing something similar by all accounts. Some kind of bartop.
                              And that will be just as sh1t - see Neo-Geo X and Neo-Geo mini.

How many more times do SNK (or whoever owns them now) have to be told? Mini-AES. Suitable quality HD output. Suitable quality replica sticks. Hackable. Job done.

Comment

That's certainly..... an interesting design choice?

Comment

Working...
                                X