Sega Bass Fishing controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Bass Fishing controllers

I've got a 3rd party fishing controller. Is there any advantage to having an official one for Sega Bass?

I certainly remember my Sega controller being miles better than my sisters 3rd party, you had to 'jerk' it around a lot more so the sensitivity wasn't as good as the original.

Comment

I always go for official if I can, as the experience is always better from past experience.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
        I always go for official if I can, as the experience is always better from past experience.
        The trouble was SEGA Europe never brought over the official ASIC stick to SEGA Bass. I would just go for the official Japanese fishing stick for Get Bass

Comment

Cheers peeps

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            The trouble was SEGA Europe never brought over the official ASIC stick to SEGA Bass. I would just go for the official Japanese fishing stick for Get Bass
            It did get a PAL release, but only in extremely limited stock and only a handy of stores stocked it. I just got a Japanese one also, but it's the same controller regardless of which region you buy it from.

Comment

It did get a PAL release, but only in extremely limited stock and only a handy of stores stocked it. I just got a Japanese one also, but it's the same controller regardless of which region you buy it from.

Are you sure ( I don't mean that in insulting or condescending The only 2 Fishing rods I remember SEGA Europe approving and selling on their website was 3rd party ones (one of which tried to be more like the Arcade unit rod)

Comment

I wrote the Dreamcast FAQ TA on gamefaqs might want to have a quick read of that. Had a couple of people contact me about it when I did the FAQ. That terrible retro collect site lists it as well these days: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogamedatabase/releases/2336/sega-bass-fishing

Sorry TA you've being out Sega'ed on your Sega knowledge, don't worry it happens to all hardcore fans, you're never going to know everything. True be told Sega of Europe release so few it might as well have not been released in the UK.
                Last edited by S3M; 08-05-2019, 13:21.

Comment

I wrote the Dreamcast FAQ TA on gamefaqs might want to have a quick read of that. Had a couple of people contact me about it when I did the FAQ. That terrible retro collect site lists it as well these days: http://www.retrocollect.com/videogamedatabase/releases/2336/sega-bass-fishing

Sorry TA you've being out Sega'ed on your Sega knowledge, don't worry it happens to all hardcore fans, you're never going to know everything. True be told Sega of Europe release so few it might as well have not been released in the UK.
                  I not saying you are wrong. But when I saw the official Pal SEGA SEGA Bass pack with rod control. While on the box and manual, the graphics font being used for the Rod/Fishing controller was the ASCII Japanese stick model.
                  When one opened the box, the actual rod included was the inferior Fission model, I had 2 mates who bought the official pack from SEGA Europe Dreamaera portal, only to have the crappy Fission model

Even when bought the Fission model separately, the instructions included with that model, used the ASCII font picture for the controller. Which I thought was horrible, misleading and ripped into SEGA Europe at the time (mind you I did hate SEGA Europe at the time and looked for any reason to give them a kicking lol)

I never knew SEGA Europe did in fact at some stage bring the ASCII model over
                  Last edited by Team Andromeda; 08-05-2019, 16:01.

Comment

The fishing controller with grey buttons was available to PAL people. My pal had it.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      The fishing controller with grey buttons was available to PAL people. My pal had it.
                      A couple of my mates had ones with grey and blue buttons, but it wasn't the official ASCII model that came to the USA and Japan. One of my friends had an official SEGA Get Bass bundle that featured a rod with a workable line (very much like the Model 3 controller) but that wasn't the ASCII model either;

I feel kind of bad now, because I ripped SEGA Europe to shreds on the likes of UK Resistance and even the official chat portal on Dreamaera, over not bringing the ASCII rod over to Pal, and for using the ASCII Rod font on Fission models. Only that they did bring it over
                      Last edited by Team Andromeda; 09-05-2019, 09:40.

Comment

Working...
                      X