User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PS5 thread

With MS I can only assume that all the chatter about getting Game Pass on every device possible and streaming is their silent admittance that they don't believe their is a future for Xbox consoles. There's not really much reason for the Xbox 4 to sell better, potentially even as well, as Xbox One has and then it just becomes an unnecessary burden making them. As soon as they stop making a physical console they are for all intent purposes a third party publisher like EA etc, I definitely get the vibe this generation marks the finale for Microsoft as a first party

Quote Originally Posted by Junko View Post
    As Microsoft have proven with the X , having the most powerful console out there means very little if you don’t have the software to back it up
    Which i have been saying for years. MS could eek out more sales with actual exclusives. Thereís a few games that COULD of swayed me into a console purchase that I play all the time, but they came out on pc as well and cheaper, so I obviously just got that version.

That then leads to no console sale and no other possible games sales on that console that I probably would have bought.

MS seem to be MASSIVELY missing this point.

8K is surely end of life or only supported on some games. Give me 4K60 standard option on all games even if it means losing some graphical niceties... Also give me cross play on all non exclusive titles.

That graph is BS but I get the general thing it portrays. It's still different for everyone and it's missing the overlay of my own eyesight getting worse over time.

One thing I do hope that makes it into the ps5 is freesync. Sony did discuss it apparently with AMD for PS4 but it wasnít ready in time. Iím hoping it will make it into ps5 given now itís matured and not going away.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    One thing I do hope that makes it into the ps5 is freesync. Sony did discuss it apparently with AMD for PS4 but it wasn’t ready in time. I’m hoping it will make it into ps5 given now it’s matured and not going away.
    Yes, I think that's likely, since the HDMI 2.1 spec that's beginning to appear in TVs this year has explicit support for VRR (variable refresh rate, the generic name for technologies like Freesync/Gsync). It would be surprising if PS5 and XB4 didn't support that.

EDIT: can a mod merge these two threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    It'll be September-November 2020
    Hard Lock
    So about the same time as BREXIT then?

Thread locked. Switch to the other one.