Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever have that one thing that turns you off a game or kills hype for a game ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forced tutorials. I returned Black & White because it just would not end and let me try things out for myself.

Comment

Randomly generated dungeons

I’m not a fan of games using randomly generated environments. Games for me are about learning in order in improve, this is where the guy jumps out of the hole, there is where the floor falls away etc. Making an area randomly generated just kills that sense of learning or getting better. I also think it’s false that it keeps things fresh, the environment is still using the same assets so you’ve really seen it all before.
      Last edited by Goemon; 21-04-2019, 18:01.

Comment

Yeah, anything relating to procedurally generated levels or areas = awful
        Same turn off with user made content

Comment

Agreed on the randomly generated levels. It is off-putting. As are 'level editors' and like. I've got no time for them.

Comment

Hype, paradoxically, is the one thing that, for me, kills hype for a game. Expectations seldom deliver so I try and play every game blind or as close to blind as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Monkey View Post
              Hype, paradoxically, is the one thing that, for me, kills hype for a game. Expectations seldom deliver so I try and play every game blind or as close to blind as possible.
              Yeah I know exactly what you mean. When people are like 'OHMYGODITSLIKETHEGREATESTGAMEEVER!' I just ignore it. Red dead is the latest victim of this for me. Looks great, but I'll avoid it.

Comment

Monthly Subscription

Comment

'Features over 60 hours of gameplay' or other similarly high figure. Bar one or two franchises I have zero time for that nonsense, not that it's ever accurate anyway.

Times given for game completion:

8 Hours = Means 4 Hours
                  12 Hours = Means 8 Hours
                  20 Hours = Means 12-13 Hours
                  40 Hours = Means 17-18 Hours
                  60 Hours = Means 20-22 Hours
                  100 Hours = Means 24 Hours

Comment

Bosses that just trap you in an arena or room that are plain unfair or badly designed.

An instant cloud of rage appears above my head when this happens. It’s 2019, this shouldn’t be a thing anymore.

Comment

Digital only
                      Always online

Shove 'em up ya bum

Comment

psn £59.99

Comment

Points of no return that aren't previously signaled clearly. I hate wondering whether I've 'missed' something after triggering one.

Comment

Nickelback-style music, especially on title cutscenes. There's nothing worse or more offputting.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
                              Points of no return that aren't previously signaled clearly. I hate wondering whether I've 'missed' something after triggering one.
                              Especially if you wander too far and trigger a cut scene that, when it finishes, plonks you somewhere new and you can't ever go back.

Comment

Even though I loved Breath of the Wild I hated the breakable weapons

Comment

Working...
                                X