Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever have that one thing that turns you off a game or kills hype for a game ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    Nickelback-style music, especially on title cutscenes. There's nothing worse or more offputting.
    I had forgotten about that.....ohh how you remind me

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Even though I loved Breath of the Wild I hated the breakable weapons
      Yeah, the breakable weapons mechanic is a double edged sword (no pun intended). On one hand it encouraged, no, forced you to experience other weapons which I think is a good thing in terms of gameplay. But on the other hand, I noticed that if I got a really good weapon, I tended not to use it at all as I didn't want it to break. But that's really my own stupidity.

Comment

"Crafting"

And grinding a game for rare unlockables.

I recently gave Warframe a try and although I quite liked how it played and the general premise behind it but my God everything else just goes right over my head.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris View Post
          "Crafting"

And grinding a game for rare unlockables.

I recently gave Warframe a try and although I quite liked how it played and the general premise behind it but my God everything else just goes right over my head.
          Yeah it can be very very daunting especially when it comes to the whole Relics thing along with the mods as well.

It all clicked with me but it took a very long while, One of my biggest gripes with the game is needing Premium currency for unlocking weapon and warframe slots but thankfully with the weekly missions its possible to unlock them for free

Comment

Collecting things to unlock abilities which you choose from a grid. I'm sure it has its fans but I've no idea if I'll want super cool web slinging or web grenades or the ability to <insert ability here>.

Comment

Turn Based
              In nearly all cases, two words that save me a sale

Comment

Dudebro hey dog characters

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  Turn Based
                  In nearly all cases, two words that save me a sale

Used to love Turn based but then something changed, In a good turn based game I think there should be strategy that can overcome say a level difference , or perhaps a real time timing element to add a skill based thing to it.

But when a game needs a grind or luck is a major factor i really hate that

Comment

Yep, it's a knife balance genre that takes very little to ruin. I've enjoyed a few over the years but either they're convoluted, grindfests or feel like all your doing is selecting from a menu all the time in most cases

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                      Collecting things to unlock abilities which you choose from a grid. I'm sure it has its fans but I've no idea if I'll want super cool web slinging or web grenades or the ability to <insert ability here>.
                      Yeah, this makes me think of Final Fantasy XII, how you had to both buy items at shops, and unlock the ability to wield items via a grid using experience points - with no easy way to quick-reference one from the other. It was terrible. I actually enjoyed that game a lot more after I worked out a way to power-level all the characters to "buy" the entire grid.

Comment

Game economy *shudder*

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                          Yep, it's a knife balance genre that takes very little to ruin. I've enjoyed a few over the years but either they're convoluted, grindfests or feel like all your doing is selecting from a menu all the time in most cases

85% chance of hitting lol

Comment

It's Gordon Freeman...

Comment

Emulation

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                                Yeah it can be very very daunting especially when it comes to the whole Relics thing along with the mods as well.

It all clicked with me but it took a very long while, One of my biggest gripes with the game is needing Premium currency for unlocking weapon and warframe slots but thankfully with the weekly missions its possible to unlock them for free
                                Yeah, that's pretty much what I expected it would be like. Seems like a very well put together game that deserves more recognition in the gaming world but it's just a massive time sink/grind that I just don't have time for.

It's a shame the same save file cant be played on Switch and Xbox as I could probably find a decent amount of time if I could do the odd hour on Switch 😥

Comment

Working...
                                X