Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever have that one thing that turns you off a game or kills hype for a game ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastyy View Post

85% chance of hitting lol
    Xcom was an absolute **** for this. I'm pretty sure I've missed on 100% hit chance before.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      psn £59.99
      I plugged in my PS3 today and went to PSN. There's a big advert for FIFA 2019 and it's only... £54.99.

Comment

Hellgate london: Even for its issues and bugs its lack of the polish the one thing that turned me of the game was the combat, there was little sense of impact at all with the weapons.

Felt borderlands took the Template of Hellgate but made it a lot better

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          Xcom was an absolute **** for this. I'm pretty sure I've missed on 100% hit chance before.
          I think games that rely a lot on luck is something that has put be off many games, especially if it is more favored towards luck rather then Skill or strategy

Comment

Oh reminds me of something else, We Happy Few when i saw the Kickstarter I thought oh cool a bioshock style game.....then they went for Procedural generation and that put me off.

I get procedural generation has its uses but when people say "endless replayability " say in Action Rpgs i keep thinking.....oh sure same textures and things to see but just a random layout.

Comment

For me, it’s -

FPS
              Non physical release
              Release date TBC (I’m looking at you Final Fantasy 7 Remake)
              Online play only (episodic release also comes under this)

Other than that, I’m good...

Comment

Just remembered Ring of red for ps2, i was really hoping the aiming mechanic was real time like how many darts game us and when the percentage goes uo it makes it easier to aim......nope aiming was purely percentage chances

Comment

Digital-only and part-physical/part-digital releases (especially where the Switch is concerned) are pretty much a deal-breaker for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                    Digital-only and part-physical/part-digital releases (especially where the Switch is concerned) are pretty much a deal-breaker for me.
                    Have to fully agree on this one, there are a lot of games i'd love to buy on switch but i really don't like getting digital only on switch. Just shapes & beats was the only exception to this rule.

Having a game infested with microtransactions kills it too, even more so if it's linked to how the game plays.

Comment

To me, that is kinda nuts. Like, you wouldn't play something just because you can't get a plastic box for it?

I really like to buy physical whenever possible, but I'd never totally shut myself off from a game just because it's digital only. Digital distribution is such a great way for smaller creators to reach players.

Comment

'Procedurally generated stages'. What, so you can't even be arsed designing levels??!!

Also, when they re-release cutesy retro games, give them 'redesigned sprites' that might look good in their own way but kinda end up removing the mood of the original. Or when they polygonise older games and pump em out at 30fps with 2.5D backgrounds*.

Just thinking the above because cos earlier I saw PANG ADVENTURES on sale at half price and it looks really fun tbh...just it has them "iPhone graphics", knaarmean? Really good iPhone graphics, I have to say, it looks great, just the feelz ain't right with all them black outlines...

Maybe it's just me but recent stuff like Toki and Wonder Boy Dragon's Trap look wrong, just too saccharine to play with the visuals almost like being force-fed marshmallows made of Western visual design aesthetic... and, yeah, these games look GREAT. But it's not for me.

*Rocket Knight reboot is the worst-case scenario with this. It is SO dull and generic to look at, and the game feels the same as a result.

Comment

***Rocket Knight reboot might be 60fps, actually (can't remember tbh) . But you can't polish a turd and this is one great, steaming turd any day of the week!!!

Comment

[MENTION=6476]JazzFunk[/MENTION] I think the Toki HD remaster looks good though. It pretty much captures the spirit and essence of the original coin-op.

My issue with it is the lack of content for it. You literally just get the game and nothing else, not even unlocking the original coin-op game.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              To me, that is kinda nuts. Like, you wouldn't play something just because you can't get a plastic box for it?

I really like to buy physical whenever possible, but I'd never totally shut myself off from a game just because it's digital only. Digital distribution is such a great way for smaller creators to reach players.
                              I enjoy ownership rights, you buy digital then you can lose those rights on the whim of a publisher at any time. Sure a few quid is not much of a risk with cheaper titles but paying switch full retail prices digitally lol **** no way in hell i trust nintendo that much with hundreds of pounds worth of games sat as files on a console, account system or not.

Comment

Toki reboot is actually one of the better ones, I'll admit, and I'm not trying to bash em, it's more my own aesthetic preferences. Which are often very annoyingly particular, at times.

I played it on a mate's console and the reason you mention was why I didn't really wanna take the plunge. It was quite expensive on release and just not justifiable when I could play the excellent original on ROM (or the very ugly-looking but still great Jap MD version for that matter).
                                Last edited by JazzFunk; 08-12-2019, 19:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X