Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever have that one thing that turns you off a game or kills hype for a game ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably an odd one from me: poorly thought out character animation.
    I know it's a game and it's best to
    keep things snappy, but I dont like lazy.
    I'm thinking recently of Fallen Order, but if you look at the character animation and compare it to something like MGSV you can see a gulf in animation. Snake carries weight, his upper body shifts and bounces as he runs. In Fallen Order its too floaty. I know its a different style of game, but it feels lazy. Other games fall in to the same trap for me. If I watch a trailer and see lazy looking animation it just puts me off.

Comment

Most animators struggle with character weight (even in big budget CGI films - see Lion King).

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
        'Procedurally generated stages'. What, so you can't even be arsed designing levels??!!
        I really am not a fan of that especially in action games and rpgs (like Diablo 3,Revenant), often see the terms endless replayability used....but in reality similar layouts no real landmarks and the same scenery repeated over and over.

If they could do it with some procedural mixed in with designs i think it could be a good mix

Comment

It's put me off playing Shadow Warrior 2!

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            I enjoy ownership rights, you buy digital then you can lose those rights on the whim of a publisher at any time. Sure a few quid is not much of a risk with cheaper titles but paying switch full retail prices digitally lol **** no way in hell i trust nintendo that much with hundreds of pounds worth of games sat as files on a console, account system or not.
            Yeah, that’s fair enough. I wouldn’t ever not play something I really wanted to just because it was digital-only though.

TBH true ownership has already disappeared for most PS4 and Xbox games now. The version on the disc requires massive patching anyway, often fixing tons of bugs and adding in basic features. The version on the disc won’t be worth much once the servers are shut off in the future.

Comment

Exclusive pre-order bonuses
              Aggregious microtransactions
              Unskippable cutscenes

I generally don't buy games at launch any more due to the over monitisation of AAA titles (last one was Red Dead Redemption 2 which was massively overhyped and definitely didn't warrant 10/10 reviews given the game's myriad of issues), so hype has generally been killed off by many of the things mentioned in this thread by the time I pick them up.

Comment

Hideo Kojima puts me off games.

Comment

Working...
                X