Original Xbox Games on Xbox One X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Xbox Games on Xbox One X

Does anyone know which of the backwards compatible original Xbox games are X enhanced? Is it all of them or just some?

All Original Xbox games render natively (i.e., aren't just upscaled) at 4x their original resolution on the Xbox One S and at 16x on the Xbox One X. Games with uncapped frame rates should get a slight performance boost, strictly due to the newer systems' superior processing power. Loading times should also be shorter.

According to this list, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic seems to be the only Original Xbox game to have received an enhancement patch for the Xbox One X.

Comment

Ninja gaiden black looks pretty amazing on an X considering it’s an og game

Comment

Ninja Gaiden Black natively supports a 16:9 aspect ratio so it looks particularly swish and 'current'.

Comment

Pazner Dragoon Orta looks like a 360 game, its looks so good. Its a shame that lience issues more or less means we'll never get Outrun II or Jet Set Radio Future backwards compatible and running in 4K on the One X

Comment

Thanks for the help. I have Orta and was about to get KOTOR and NJB!

Comment

Ninja Jaiden Black.

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

Panzer Orta looks beast, quite quite exquisite. Hope they add more BC patches, would love to play Call Of Cthulhu, doesn't work right played on 360 and Fuzzovision on my old OGXB.

I reckon they should remaster Gun Valkyrie, make it 60f and add tweakable controls. That game was always weirdly brilliantly amazing. But stunted by its controls.

Crazy Taxi 3 without slowdown, imagine that.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                    That game was always weirdly brilliantly amazing. But stunted by its controls.
                    Drove me crazy trying to get to grips with some of the mechanics. Then still drove me crazy.

A really beautiful game though. Stands the test of time really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                      Drove me crazy trying to get to grips with some of the mechanics. Then still drove me crazy.

A really beautiful game though. Stands the test of time really well.
                      If only that game allowed you to double push the stick in the direction you wanted to bost too, controls wouldn't have been an issue. Still a great game mind, sadly we never got a sequel. You should get a cheap One One X Leon, you'll not believe how good some of the OG and 360 games look and run on the One X.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        You should get a cheap One One X Leon, you'll not believe how good some of the OG and 360 games look and run on the One X.
                        Do you need an X? Don't they just work in 1080p on the standard Xbox One? I might end up buying one mainly for the OG Xbox stuff.

Comment

Yeah, they look great on the One S too - in 1080p rather than 4K.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                            Do you need an X? Don't they just work in 1080p on the standard Xbox One? I might end up buying one mainly for the OG Xbox stuff.
                            Yeah they look great on the One S, but on the X they run at a native 4K and you'll not believe how good Orta looks in Native 4k, same goes for Conkers

Comment

Native 4K they are not. Native standard def, upscale to 4K. They look amazing considering their age but we’re all quite techy here so let’s get our terminology right.

Comment

Working...
                              X