Mortal Kombat 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortal Kombat 11

Just to start of by saying its the PC version and apart from the weird graphics hair Glitch (which was Mostly sorted by switching off AA) and the odd frame dip i have had no issues but seems in the forums other people are having lots of problems.

Graphics are good but to my laymens eyes not really a upgrade over MKX.

Gameplay has had a major shake up as feels less combo heavy though plenty can be done, Super x ray move is now a fatal blow mechanic which can be done when health is low but if it lands only once, and there is a new mechanic called crushing blow where once per match if certain situation is met you can do a extra damaging move (for example if you do a certain string with a combo of more then 8 hits or a certain move as a interruption counter). And the traditional super move bar is gone replaced with two bars a offensive and defensive bar that fills up automatically and you start with full bars and can be used for Ex moves and various defense options.

First thing i did though in options is change so that the Crushing blow does not happen automatically and instead you hold the button down to make sure it activates it.

Only played for a few hours but the weird thing is i am undecided as not sure the big changes actually make the game any better or any worse...Just different.

I do like the story mode, Krypt seems decent to (hopefully one day they make the Krypt a shaolin monks style game) Net code is decent plenty of characters and gore, The whole character Kustomization I have just had a sneak look and to be honest it looks a bit over the top and daunting but will give it some more time.

"one update" Seems the Krypt is not like the Krypt of old....I thought boxes were set like previous games but nope seems they are random loot boxes
    Last edited by eastyy; 24-04-2019, 23:22.

Ugh, randomisation in the Krypt immediately makes the idea of it feel like it's become redundant. After hearing so much about broken difficulty in the Towers and the endless grind they've added I've been holding off on this. It's nice that it's being referred to as the best MK entry but that's technically not that much praise, Mortal Kombat's gameplay has never been the cornerstone of the franchise's appeal. I want to see what they do with the update, that and I'm curious what people make of the Switch version.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      Ugh, randomisation in the Krypt immediately makes the idea of it feel like it's become redundant. After hearing so much about broken difficulty in the Towers and the endless grind they've added I've been holding off on this. It's nice that it's being referred to as the best MK entry but that's technically not that much praise, Mortal Kombat's gameplay has never been the cornerstone of the franchise's appeal. I want to see what they do with the update, that and I'm curious what people make of the Switch version.
      Hard to disagree with most of this.

The grind/MTX-heavy nature of this has put me off until the inevitable “Komplete Edition” drops (if it does) and I’m also keen to see how the Switch port holds up (looking forward to watching and reading Digital Foundry’s analysis).

Comment

My copy arrived on Wednesday. I played it for a couple of hours. It doesn't seem to "flow" like other beat 'em ups. Feels a bit stilted.

Looks nice enough, gore is as expected.

Bored already. Sold.

Comment

Played more of it.

I think i prefer MK X , as mentioned by [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION] it feels stilted but to me it feels more stilted then MKX as i felt combos just flowed better and combos are not as much of a focus in MK11, Brutalities feel nowhere near as good as MKX did as does feels a lot more situational in the few i have done.

Also the fact you can get tokens to Skip matches is a sign for me they knew the game was going to be a grind.

And seems no Stage Fatalites

Comment

Ok so they have release a patch to make it less of a grind....even though it still is, they gave 500k gold but it can be used very quickly.

Got to be honest many of the things in the game were in previous games but here its irked me a whole lot more, Krypt has a random element for some of the loot boxes (not all) and the fact you can spend gold to Forge new items as well as reset loot boxes just feels like a mobile game.

As someone else pointed out if people need to spend tokens to skip fights or watch AI battles to grind there is something very wrong here.

Also have limited to time to earn certain Digital items is something i still cannot comprehend.....Digital stuff in most cases i feel should not have a finite amount or limited times
            Last edited by eastyy; 01-05-2019, 09:00.

Comment

Working...
            X