8bitdo M30 controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8bitdo M30 controller

Does anyone know how to get this connected to a (docked) Switch? I’ve owned the controller for nearly a month, and it doesn’t ever connect to the Switch, despite following the instructions. The website support is just a PDF of the printed instructions, which isn’t much use...

Try connecting it over USB first?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
      Try connecting it over USB first?
      That seems to get the controller to recognise the Switch, but not the other way round – the controller doesn’t move anything on the Switch screen. Will have another go later when the frustration has subsided...

Comment

The manual is very poor, the 2.4g model says you just plug in the controller via usb and the led will turn green to confirm it is connected. It never turns green and I have no idea how to make the switch recognise it so it does.

Comment

I’ve owned it a month, never got it connected to the Switch even once. And it’s the Switch compatible model, not the 2.4g model... their email support is **** as well, they don’t reply in grammatical English. Very poor product, very poor support. Have no idea why the company are so lauded.

Comment

I use the Bluetooth one with zero problems. The instruction manual is pretty straightforward and easy to understand. You have put it into Switch mode I assume?

The only one thing that I don’t like is that it can’t boot the Switch from sleep.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
              The manual is very poor, the 2.4g model says you just plug in the controller via usb and the led will turn green to confirm it is connected. It never turns green and I have no idea how to make the switch recognise it so it does.
              The 2.4g one doesn’t work with Switch.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                The 2.4g one doesn’t work with Switch.
                The manual says it does via USB.

-edit-
                My 2.4g pad now works as per my below post.
                Last edited by Cepp; 29-04-2019, 19:34.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  The only one thing that I don’t like is that it can’t boot the Switch from sleep.
                  This is one thing that annoys me with it, I have to boot up with the Pro controller and then move over to the M30. It’s a bit of a workaround but it does work.

Comment

there is a setting in the switch that allows the contrllers to wire via the cable, i found that changing the setting helped when i was using my 8bitdo controller when charging and the switch was docked. Beofre the setting change i had to pair while in wireless mode then plug in the usb. the switch didnt like it if i didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by concretesnail View Post
                      there is a setting in the switch that allows the contrllers to wire via the cable, i found that changing the setting helped when i was using my 8bitdo controller when charging and the switch was docked. Beofre the setting change i had to pair while in wireless mode then plug in the usb. the switch didnt like it if i didnt.
                      ****ing legend, it works!

Cheers for that, I finally have access to a decent dpad on my Switch

Comment

Working...
                      X