Watchmen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    Watched ep 6 this week. Absolutely amazing. Hits so many highs. With this and Succession it feels like HBO are on great form again.
    Best episode so far.

Comment

This series is absolutely killing it, every episode has been consistently great.
      I really didn’t know what to think when they first announced they were making this series and as a continuation from the end of the graphic novel but it really has been a great watch every week.

Comment

Episode 8 is fantastic, loved all of this

Comment

The show is brilliant but I do have one tiny nit-pick ... and that's how it flashes back to scenes (sometimes from the same episode) to hammer home a point, rather than trusting you were taking notice.

Comment

Yeah, it's a bit too careful not to lose any simpletons watching. I was quite surprised how many questions were promptly answered an episode or two later as well. Hopefully season two throws up just as many bat**** crazy new ones.

That said, I thought it was fantastic from start to finish.

Comment

One of the big selling points of HBO’s “Watchmen” is that it’s a self-contained event series, not an ongoing one, and so is effectively a one-and-done deal. That said, the same was true of HBO’s “Big Little Lies” until those involved felt enough pressure to continue the story and did so earlier this year with […]

Lindelof says he's not closed to a second season of the show but as things stand, despite its success, it will remain a one and done.

Comment

I finally got to watch the last 2 episodes of this last night - generally, I thought the season was very strong, and enjoyed it a lot. Regarding a second season:

There's really no reason for there to be another, surely? I'm fine with them trying it if they had a truly compelling story to tell, but I don't think they do. This was my biggest fear with the closing scenes, that it's left just open enough that someone's going to think it all needs better wrapping up, but I really don't think it does.

Comment

Yeah, much as I loved it it doesn't feel like it needs another series. It told a great story that was equal parts Watchmen and of the times.

Comment

Working...
                  X