• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
    Nigel?
    Mansell

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
      I use From Japan, which is a YJ proxy site, as well as the usual Zozo Town, Surugaya, Amazon JP and the rest. When your items have arrived and you're filling in the shipping page you can enter whatever values you like for the declared customs value, and mark it as a gift. The downside of course is that you're throwing away your insurance value if it gets lost, but if you stick to EMS the chances of it getting lost are pretty small.

Some eBay sellers mark customs down but it's pretty much random chance if you find one that does.
      Just a heads up - FromJapan don't let you do this anymore. You can only reduce 25% of the original value now (recent change). Apparently they were getting a lot of grief from customs not surprised if people are declaring £10 on massive packages!

Comment

All the Japanese ebay sellers I use tend to mark down or as gift automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
          I haven't imported much in recent times and when I did, it was usually some english language asian release. I can't remember the last time I ordered something from the US but I'm tempted to get one of these:

Handheld Oregon Trail Game

So daft it might be cool!
          Is there a Granny’s Garden edition for the UK?

Comment

I'd never heard of Lukie Games so had a look but they don't ship to the UK. Boo

Comment

Signed up with Zenmarket.jp the other day and been hoovering up loads of <¥500 Vita games. I guess we'll see if I get hit with customs charges when they eventually get here.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                Signed up with Zenmarket.jp the other day and been hoovering up loads of <¥500 Vita games. I guess we'll see if I get hit with customs charges when they eventually get here.
                Just looking at this now, do you know of a Promo code other then the one for signing up (anything that you might have as a referal that will get you coin for example?)

Neil

Comment

I never used a promo code, but you get ¥300 as a sign up bonus, which just negates the commission on your first purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                    I never used a promo code, but you get ¥300 as a sign up bonus, which just negates the commission on your first purchase.
                    Thanks dude, now to see if there are nay savings to be had

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                      Just a heads up - FromJapan don't let you do this anymore. You can only reduce 25% of the original value now (recent change). Apparently they were getting a lot of grief from customs not surprised if people are declaring £10 on massive packages!
                      Annoying isn't it. I saved a fortune over the last couple of years. There was real joy go marking down a £200 game to 1 yen and getting it delivered safely.

Comment

Amazon UK changed their shipping practice and stopped taking a small deposit for customs, now I've had to pay $18.77 on top for one 20 quid bluray and 12-something for another.
                        Only matters to those of us outside the UK I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                          Annoying isn't it. I saved a fortune over the last couple of years. There was real joy go marking down a £200 game to 1 yen and getting it delivered safely.
                          Haha! It's all your fault! I never did that. I always made sure that the value of the box at least matched the value of the postage!

Comment

I had an order from Zenmarket.jp worth ¥5000 turn up, sent EMS with no customs charge. Got a ¥10,000 order coming soon, so we'll see how that one goes.

Comment

I just had an email from eBay, regarding their Global Shipping Program. It seems everyone is going to be enrolled. Meaning the days of cheap shipping from the USA are well and truly over. That $4 game which used to have $6 postage? It's now gonna be $30 postage.

**** ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                                I just had an email from eBay, regarding their Global Shipping Program. It seems everyone is going to be enrolled. Meaning the days of cheap shipping from the USA are well and truly over. That $4 game which used to have $6 postage? It's now gonna be $30 postage.

**** ebay.
                                Yeah I saw that too.
                                Gutting
                                It's already ridiculous on other items...I've been looking for some comics & from the states they are like $5 books but shipping is around $20+ it's freaking ridiculous

Doubt I'll use Ebay much going forward now with the global programme...just no savings to be had anymore

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X