User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. It's a little more than I budgeted for but will go with either the Scart/OSSC or HD retrovision cable.

I did also come across this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RGB-SCART...AAAOSwADxb~3mQ

Made me wonder if Scart>Component would produce a reasonable picture? Certainly, a fraction of the cost although I guess it would lead to input lag and all sorts. Guess the only option is to pay out for something good. Cheers
    Last edited by tokyochojin; 14-05-2019 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tokyochojin View Post
    Made me wonder if Scart>Component would produce a reasonable picture?
    The only way you'll get a nice image from a retro console on an LCD screen is by using a scaler like the OSSC or Framemeister. You can't get a sharp clear image by simply using a Scart converter.

Of course, things that do convert Scart to Component or HDMI will deliver an image that will probably look OK to some eyes. It depends if you can tolerate blurriness and probably some image defects.

I think the OSSC is a brilliant device for a reasonable price.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 14-05-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tokyochojin View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback guys. It's a little more than I budgeted for but will go with either the Scart/OSSC or HD retrovision cable.

I did also come across this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RGB-SCART...AAAOSwADxb~3mQ

Made me wonder if Scart>Component would produce a reasonable picture? Certainly, a fraction of the cost although I guess it would lead to input lag and all sorts. Guess the only option is to pay out for something good. Cheers
    A lot of Americans I know use a device like this for plugging their consoles into component CRTs, but if you were to use that with your existing LCD you'd be at the mercy of the internal upscaler. It'd look better than composite, but still not great. Certainly not give you the sharp lines the OSSC would.
    Last edited by speedlolita; 14-05-2019 at 10:57 AM.

The Kaico OSSC on Amazon comes with the multi-region PSU, remote and overlay(so you know what each button does) for 139.99. I think that's a great deal.

I think the creator did a deal with Kaico to also sell through them.

I just searched for that on Amazon, and it's a good price, but unfortunately it's for a reason.

https://www.videogameperfection.com/...bootleg-osscs/

Probably best to stick to the official source for now.

I was going to mention that too. I don’t feel it as bad as GDEMU considering it is an open source project but I guess you’re rolling the dice for a minimal saving.

Quote Originally Posted by Hohum View Post
    but unfortunately it's for a reason.

Bloody hell... I thought it was the same product but marketed by Kaico. So I wouldn't recommend it, seeing the build quality is said to be bit dodgy.