X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rage 2

Just installing - anyone playing?

Impressions later

Thanks for the insightful impressions dude really looking forward to this now

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
      Impressions later
      Animals, soapstars?

Comment

Bulletstorm meets doom (reboot)

Very nice indeed!

Comment

Reassessment

Bulletstorm-doom (reboot)- mad max - red faction guerrilla - rage 1

If you like any of the above, then it’s worth a look. Be mindful than it’s only 1080p on the x and pro, so it looks abit of a dogs ear upscaled to a 4k set. Nice frame rate though.

Comment

After the boring and horrible start, the game just takes off and really opens up, the moment you jump in the car. From then on the game becomes immense fun and a blast. Really wished the game used id tech 6 mind

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              From then on the game becomes immense fun and a blast.
              This game has grabbed my attention. The graphic design and overall creativity is really impressive. I might end up buying the PC version when I finally get a 4K screen.

Comment

The gun play is something that i am very fussy about in many games, it has to get the right feels I think with Halo ,Destiny,Painkiller, Bulletstorm they got it right , a lot of other fps games like the Call of Duty series i feel there is a bit of a disconnect, In Rage 1 they were almost there it was just the odd animation that let it down (shoot a enemy and sometimes they would not react until animation is finished)

Rage 2 i think they have nailed it, so many options with abilities and weapons along with the way enemies react and things like armor getting blasted off.

What i think is really cool is just quality of life things so that when you cross hair is on a enemy and the enemy dies a little skull appears so you know not to keep shooting

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                  This game has grabbed my attention. The graphic design and overall creativity is really impressive. I might end up buying the PC version when I finally get a 4K screen.
                  The gameplay is amazing and awesome fun, Such a shame the story, driving sections and menu system are horrible. But the fun you have in the battles more than makeup for it. What is it about id and their Shotguns?, the shotgun is bloody awesome in this too

Comment

Had a quick go last night, handles well but not convinced by everything yet. I set it to 1440p and without having to spend any time faffing with settings the game runs at 60fps with Ultra settings across the board. When I have time I'll try upping it to 4K and see what needs sacrificing to try and still maintain that framerate

Comment

First off, the gunplay is great......But just about everything else Isn’t

Yes it looks great on the pc, but the PS4 pro version is anti aliased within an inch of its life. Blurry, smeared, dull, poor detail, waxy faces - horrible

I have had the HUD disappearing, upgrades not working, dlc not installing, enemies stuck in the scenery, sound bugs and my vehicle vanishing.

The towns I have been in a dull and lifeless the dialogue is moronic. I think the more corridor based shooting action of the first was much better - far too much too upgrade, and with the bugs in game, some of it is hard to tell if it’s even working. I came across a hovercraft vehicle and you can’t even use it!

This seriously needs a resolution patch on console - it looks like an unpatched just cause 4....I would seriously have a field day if I was the team leader of the project with quality control in the board room. These next gen games are getting worse!

Comment

Watched a few vids of it, seems like ID were responsible for the gun play (which i think is better then doom) and Avalanche were responsible for the open world part and Driving as well as driving combat.

I was never that big a fan of Just cause series I felt it was big for the sake of being big and the destruction needed to be took up a notch, Mad max though i did enjoy that and can see elements of it in rage 2 though Vehicle combat is nowhere near as good

Comment

looks promising, i'll wait for the price to drop a little maybe, as usual fans of the 1st one say it's better than the 2nd

Comment

I'm actually finding it really hard to get into this oddly enough. After several days I find myself falling asleep as I play, part of that is it's late when I get on it but also it's the same encounter over and over again and driving through barren spaces with nothing of worthwhile note in it to get to the same thing gets old very quickly. Gonna give it another few nights in the hope it's just a slack first half but... yeah, for it's time Rage 1 was better.

Comment

I am going to backtrack - this has really clicked and is amazing fun; If you can get past the slow start and grind, to get to the arks, power ups, weapons and quick vehicles. Yes the console versions technically aren’t great, the game really is It’s doom meets rage 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X