No announcement yet.

Rage 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the open world get more mixed up? Or if not do the locations you get to become more Doom-linear like?
    I'm finding the open world adds nothing so far and the locations are too simplistic, Rage 1 had an open environment but it masked a very linear game and that seemed to work better for the type of game it was

Comment

Convoys, muti-nests, bandit dens, authority sentry guns, bounties, mini-bosses, find the ranger, arks, power stations, meteor sites, checkpoints and vistas seem to be the open world staple.

Top tip: get the arks unlocked first as they contain the weapons / special powers. Towns will allow fast travel and there is this gyro copter vehicle that can get you from A to B very quickly. Nothing should be a slog when you have access to this.

Comment

Will do, I'm going to try and set aside tomorrow night to really dig into it. I really enjoyed the first game so it'd be a shame not to get into this

Comment

I'm about 8hrs in now and the game is getting alot better now ive unlocked more/better abilities after a bit of a slow start (which was to be expected). The combat is a real joy now I'm not getting shredded to 20% health every time i get shot at and can now be a but more agressive in putting myself into the battle.

I've read complaints about it not being a very good open world game but in all honesty ive approached it more like a non-linear shooter where you have more freedom to empty out enemy compounds than you would in say Doom or Wolfenstein and I'm happy with that.

Comment

Done with the game now and it never got above middling for me, I feel there's a better game in there but the open world never won me over. It just never feels like anything other than padding for a game that would be better paced without it.

Comment

I've had a hankering for some big, balls to the wall, shoot everything in sight action ... and despite the lukewarm reception, I thought this might be big enough and daft enough. So far so good.

One big positive I'd heard about is the combat and it is super satisfying. As soon as I started rattling shots off with the automatic it felt proper heavy-duty, beef on the bone ... the anti-Klobb. It feels gratifying every time. Especially when the skull and crossbones appear over and enemy who has, well, expired. And this is before the mighty shotgun is in my arsenal.

I just paid full price for this so expect it to be £25 everywhere very soon.

Comment

BIG update patch out tomorrow too - yeah its great fun and once you start unlocking new abilities/upgraded, its a New DOOM beater.

Comment

Oh no, I had a stint after work today and it totally knacked me with motion queasiness

Comment

The game rocks and the lightning and explosions are some of the best going. This game is mindless fun and all the better for it.

Comment

So went back into this game after a long break, was very buggy early in its life and while most is fixed still the odd little quirks like upgrade option not appearing if you try and select with mouse have to use keyboard,pad.

As i said before they have really nailed the gunplay and it looks like they may have used a lot in this game for Doom eternal with the dashing and other mechanics.

While there is a lot of busy work and collecting as it is a open world the fact the combat is so good is something i am not to bothered about and the car combat is ok but not great. i think it is a beautiful looking game especially when you get the copter to fly.

Only real grip i have is sometimes the difficulty spikes and there is nowhere near enough weapons

Comment

Working...
                      X