User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rage 2

Rage 2

Just installing - anyone playing?

Impressions later

Thanks for the insightful impressions dude really looking forward to this now

Quote Originally Posted by dvdx2 View Post
    Impressions later
    Animals, soapstars?

Bulletstorm meets doom (reboot)

Very nice indeed!

Reassessment

Bulletstorm-doom (reboot)- mad max - red faction guerrilla - rage 1

If you like any of the above, then it’s worth a look. Be mindful than it’s only 1080p on the x and pro, so it looks abit of a dogs ear upscaled to a 4k set. Nice frame rate though.

After the boring and horrible start, the game just takes off and really opens up, the moment you jump in the car. From then on the game becomes immense fun and a blast. Really wished the game used id tech 6 mind

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    From then on the game becomes immense fun and a blast.
    This game has grabbed my attention. The graphic design and overall creativity is really impressive. I might end up buying the PC version when I finally get a 4K screen.

The gun play is something that i am very fussy about in many games, it has to get the right feels I think with Halo ,Destiny,Painkiller, Bulletstorm they got it right , a lot of other fps games like the Call of Duty series i feel there is a bit of a disconnect, In Rage 1 they were almost there it was just the odd animation that let it down (shoot a enemy and sometimes they would not react until animation is finished)

Rage 2 i think they have nailed it, so many options with abilities and weapons along with the way enemies react and things like armor getting blasted off.

What i think is really cool is just quality of life things so that when you cross hair is on a enemy and the enemy dies a little skull appears so you know not to keep shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Retro View Post
    This game has grabbed my attention. The graphic design and overall creativity is really impressive. I might end up buying the PC version when I finally get a 4K screen.
    The gameplay is amazing and awesome fun, Such a shame the story, driving sections and menu system are horrible. But the fun you have in the battles more than makeup for it. What is it about id and their Shotguns?, the shotgun is bloody awesome in this too

Had a quick go last night, handles well but not convinced by everything yet. I set it to 1440p and without having to spend any time faffing with settings the game runs at 60fps with Ultra settings across the board. When I have time I'll try upping it to 4K and see what needs sacrificing to try and still maintain that framerate