Let's Get Physical (Physical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
    Physicality Games is a new publisher entering the increasingly-cramped limited print run arena and their first title will be Rolling Gunner for the Nintendo Switch.

Looking forward to this one!

Originally posted by NintendoSoup View Post
    Developed by Project Rolling Gunner and directed by former CAVE employee Koizumi Daisuke (Akai Katana, Deathsmiles 2, Dondonpachi series), Rolling Gunner is a danmaku (bullet hell) style 2D horizontal shmup.

Comment

Limited Run Games have started taking preorders for Command & Conquer Remaster Collection. Preorders will close on the 10th of April.

Comment

Just came here to post about that - I'm sure it's a highly lucrative deal for LRG, but it feels a little bit against the spirit of what they're doing, no? I am sure EA would not have any trouble self-publishing...

Rolling Gunner wasn't on my radar but based on the team's pedigree I'm in for sure.

Comment

Limited Run Game publishing a physical EA title with no copy of the game inside just a steam code, hey everyone it’s all about game preservation.
          EA have actually published disc/retail versions of Unravel 1&2 and A Way Out so it’s not like they are not capable of publishing a digital game.

Comment

lol, sums up that stupid crap

Comment

Speaking of limited run, they have announced physical version of Streets of Clip Art 4. Switch and PS4.

Comment

Haha, I love that all you get is loads of boxes. It’s the Russian doll of limited editions. I’ll be satisfied with receiving it on Game Pass

Comment

Getting really piss sick of all that tat.

Comment

I quite fancy a physical copy of SoR4 but definitely don't need that edition, particularly given it's a "Genesis" box.

Comment

Tempted to make a thread about some of the worst limited editions and that would be quite high up on the list already. I guess it isn't harming anyone though. I did order the Yakuza Remastered Collection with the completely superfluous Yakuza 5 PS3 box though - partially because I was amused by it, but mostly because I could have it for the same price as the regular version.

Comment

Yea, I don’t subscribe to these limited edition, limited editions.
                        I want the physical release but the game itself is fine.

Will be grabbing a SoR4, thanks for the heads up for this Friday.

Comment

Besides the 'standard' and the 'classic' editions already up for preorder, there'll be an "ultra-tricked-out limited edition" available upon the game's release.

Greed. Greed never changes.

Comment

To be fair it's kinda their whole business though, isn't it? Elaborate physical versions of games that would otherwise be digital. I don't think there's anything wrong with it per se, although it's certainly not for me when it's the Super Tat XL version.

Although I would say with what's going on at the moment, now is the time to go digital wherever possible, rather than clogging up the postal/courier systems unnecessarily.

Comment

My main issue is them putting two versions up for preorder and revealing via a tweet only that a third version will be available at a later date.

Also, this whole 'special', 'specialer' and 'specialest' editions approach grates me a little.

Comment

I can sympathise with that. If it ever feels like these super expensive editions of games are a complete ripoff, it's because, well, they are

I do think the whole movement of these companies offering physical versions of digital-only games is a pretty cool one though. It's nice that someone's offering that, I just don't need all the extra plastic stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X