No announcement yet.

Let's Get Physical (Physical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d not received a shipping note but I just went back to the order and saw it has some DHL details there. My usual parcel tracking app doesn’t seem to like it, but clicking the link through to DHL from their order page seems to suggest it is en route.

Comment

Yeah, no dispatch email but the DHL site says it's been en route for 8 days so far.

Comment

Probably they announced it to DHL and received a shipping label, but haven't physically shipped it yet.

Comment

Collector’s Edition if Cris Tales has gone live exclusive to Maximum Games store, seemingly only the switch version available at the moment.

Comment

Are Maximum Games a new player in the Limited Run style publishers?

Comment

Not super familiar with them, but their international site seems to suggest they're more of an established publisher - https://www.maximumgames.com

Regular editions of Cris Tales (all formats) seem to be through them too, but available non-direct, at Amazon and the like.

Comment

The whole pay now wait a few months to a few years that these publishers are running on seems to be a real downfall of the system at present. its open to exploitation and offers massive risks to the consumer as a transaction from a year ago falls well past the refund window of most cards and payment services.

Company's like Limited run shouldn't be operating like this still as they seem to do massive production runs of certain things with preoders staying open for a month before they even enter production. They really don't need to be running hand to mouth anymore the only reason i can see them doing this is sitting on vasts amounts of money per production more than likely nets them a very tidy side income too.

A non refundable deposit would be a lot fairer and more balanced way of doing this going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  Company's like Limited run shouldn't be operating like this still as they seem to do massive production runs of certain things with preoders staying open for a month before they even enter production. They really don't need to be running hand to mouth anymore the only reason i can see them doing this is sitting on vasts amounts of money per production more than likely nets them a very tidy side income too.

A non refundable deposit would be a lot fairer and more balanced way of doing this going forward.
                  I'm pissed off with limited run. Put in a pre-order for Undercover Cops SFC months ago yet there's been sod all updates as to what is going on. Its not even listed on their coming soon section.

Comment

They are exploiting old school gamers. Don't give them the satisfaction, save money, and buy digital.

Half the people buying do so as an investment too, so for me that's a double no.

Comment

I must admit my taste for these releases is disappearing. They no longer feel like they're doing a service to the community. We've also seen the first wobbles with the Dispatch Games fiasco. I wonder as this market place gets more crowded, how do the ones that can throw less cash at a developer survive?

Comment

They're one of a few different places that sold that Undercover Cops set - but it's a Retro-Bit product rather than a Limited Run release, which will likely be why it's not listed on their schedule. There's an FAQ they have on their site which has the below;

Q) When can we expect to receive this collection?
                        A) Depending on various factors as well as the number of pre-orders received, our best-case estimate would be late summer to early fall.
                        It's been said a lot in here already, and say what you like about their intentions, but no matter which of these small-batch publishers you're looking at, they all need patience. You're not going to place an order with any of them and have an Amazon guy knocking at your door the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                          You're not going to place an order with any of them and have an Amazon guy knocking at your door the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            They're one of a few different places that sold that Undercover Cops set - but it's a Retro-Bit product rather than a Limited Run release, which will likely be why it's not listed on their schedule. There's an FAQ they have on their site which has the below;

It's been said a lot in here already, and say what you like about their intentions, but no matter which of these small-batch publishers you're looking at, they all need patience. You're not going to place an order with any of them and have an Amazon guy knocking at your door the next day.
                            It's obvious that there will be a wait but a little update now and then would be appreciated. I mean, the order was done months ago yet no word at all. A simple update saying progress of the production status would be welcome.

Comment

Strictly Limited Games will open preorders for PS4 and Switch versions of Rolling Gunner Overpower at 12am of Sunday 18 CEST.

Comment

Is that the same as regular Rolling Gunner?

If si, you may as well just import, rather than wait months and months for it. I've had babies in less time.

Well, obviously I haven't, but you get the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X