User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    プレイステーション
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: I3th Racing PSN ID: Mr_Karate
    Physical? What is this, 1990?
    Kept you waiting, huh?

I love the idea of these, and the execution generally looks very good. But I've yet to buy one as the gulf between the digital and physical price is always so great, I just can't justify it for a plastic box. Really cool that they exist though.

They cost that much because they are printed in a limited quantity and the publisher wants to turn in a profit of course. Luckily for them there are plenty of users willing to spend money on those games.

I'll add more on my thoughts about modern physical releases later but, in the meantime, Limited Run Games is putting their release of A-Train Express up for sale on the 22nd.

If I remember correctly, @importaku is especially fond of physical releases of PSVR games.

Quote Originally Posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    They cost that much because they are printed in a limited quantity and the publisher wants to turn in a profit of course. Luckily for them there are plenty of users willing to spend money on those games.
    Yeah of course, I understand that. Just for me personally, I tend to list after them but fail to justify a purchase to myself.

Especially with how many 'limited edition' publishers there are now, a disc inside a plastic case means very little to me. These need to be done right for me to get excited about them.

With that said, Fangamer's collector's editions of Hollow Knight and Thimbleweed Park* had me parting with my coin.

* To be precise, I bought LRG's release of the PS4 version which used the box and extras that Fangamer had created for their PC release.

I'm physical all the way. The day consoles go digital only is the day I quit buying new games.

I have a few LRG and SLG Vita games and a couple of PS4 titles too. However with the Vita being my console of choice and memory cards being so expensive, physical is my only viable option.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuteros View Post
    I'll add more on my thoughts about modern physical releases later but, in the meantime, Limited Run Games is putting their release of A-Train Express up for sale on the 22nd.

If I remember correctly, @importaku is especially fond of physical releases of PSVR games.
    Correct, although i have relaxed my no digital rule as if it doesn't have a physical copy available then i will get it digitally as there's too many nice vr games i'd end up never getting to play if i had to rely on disk versions only but if there is a physical copy out i tend to go for that over digital even if it means paying more.

The only 2 i have on my radar for wanting to pick up is just shapes and beats if gets a physical release on switch and when the physical version of cuphead comes out i'll be getting that as well apart from those 2 i haven't seen any i want so far.

Quote Originally Posted by _SD_ View Post

They did a physical copy of R-Type Dimensions EX too recently, but I got that from PSN for cheap.
    I just LOVE that Iíve only now found this out months after the pre-orders have long gone.

FFS.

I'm still buying CDs
    I still mostly buy Xbone games on disc. The excitement of opening it I guess.