No announcement yet.

Let's Get Physical (Physical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Especially with how many 'limited edition' publishers there are now, a disc inside a plastic case means very little to me. These need to be done right for me to get excited about them.

With that said, Fangamer's collector's editions of Hollow Knight and Thimbleweed Park* had me parting with my coin.

* To be precise, I bought LRG's release of the PS4 version which used the box and extras that Fangamer had created for their PC release.

Comment

I'm physical all the way. The day consoles go digital only is the day I quit buying new games.

I have a few LRG and SLG Vita games and a couple of PS4 titles too. However with the Vita being my console of choice and memory cards being so expensive, physical is my only viable option.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
        I'll add more on my thoughts about modern physical releases later but, in the meantime, Limited Run Games is putting their release of A-Train Express up for sale on the 22nd.

If I remember correctly, [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] is especially fond of physical releases of PSVR games.
        Correct, although i have relaxed my no digital rule as if it doesn't have a physical copy available then i will get it digitally as there's too many nice vr games i'd end up never getting to play if i had to rely on disk versions only but if there is a physical copy out i tend to go for that over digital even if it means paying more.

The only 2 i have on my radar for wanting to pick up is just shapes and beats if gets a physical release on switch and when the physical version of cuphead comes out i'll be getting that as well apart from those 2 i haven't seen any i want so far.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post

They did a physical copy of R-Type Dimensions EX too recently, but I got that from PSN for cheap.
          I just LOVE that I’ve only now found this out months after the pre-orders have long gone.

FFS.

Comment

I'm still buying CDs
            I still mostly buy Xbone games on disc. The excitement of opening it I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              I just LOVE that I’ve only now found this out months after the pre-orders have long gone.

FFS.
              Another disaster that could have been averted!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post

FFS.
                To be fair it’s getting pretty hard to keep on top of all these limited releases. I didn’t know about R-Type or Garegga either until they’d been and gone…

I’m more than happy with digital versions to be honest. It sort of seems a waste to put some of these games on a Blu-ray considering many are only a handful of gigabytes at the most.

Comment

I like buying my games in the wild, bargain hunting, got a great little library of Xbone games I've got for less than a fiver and they're all corkers. It feels more 'special', installing and needing the disc. My Xbone drive's crammed with digital games I pretty much never play. It's nuts. Maybe it's because it seems too easy.

I also still buy CDs. But hardly. Because I've got most of the cool stuff. What I've been getting recently are them multi-album mini-boxsets from HMV when I occasionally pop in, like you can get pretty much the bulk of stuff like Bootsy and Parliament on these things for like £10-£15 a pop, you get like five albums all in mini-LP sleeves, they're ace value and a good way to get into an artist for cheap. Great stuff, need to get some more before they shut down, they got some ace jazz ones.

Comment

Wrote the above last night but forgot to say I do have a mini digital crack habit, I allow myself £25 a month treat in XBLA credit, just bought a ton of stuff in the sales. I'll probably hardly play any of it but Just Cause 3 XXL at £7.50, I'm wanting an exotic open world in my XB. Well, two, Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition was like £3.59 so I got that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                      I'm physical all the way. The day consoles go digital only is the day I quit buying new games.
                      That's me too, I doubt I'll buy PS7 or whatever number we are up to if it's digi only.

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                      I'm still buying CDs
                      I still mostly buy Xbone games on disc. The excitement of opening it I guess.
                      I still get CD's too, rip them into WMA and put them on the phone and PC and put them through the PS3 into the Hi-Fi.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                        That's me too, I doubt I'll buy PS7 or whatever number we are up to if it's digi only.

I still get CD's too, rip them into WMA and put them on the phone and PC and put them through the PS3 into the Hi-Fi.
                        I was using a squeezeserver but now I just upload FLAC to iBroadcast

Comment

Pix'n Love is publishing a collector's edition of Samurai Shodown. Pre-orders are open and I see no mention of the size of this print run.

Comment

There needs to be a refund policy on PSN. Spending even a fiver and then not liking the game winds me up! I can't imagine dropping £60 on a digital game.

Comment

Good luck anyone trying to get the actual book after you preorder it’s a total lottery if you’ll actually get it after they take your cash. Will never order anything direct from pixnlove again. Had to threaten them with a chargeback before they would send me my history of Nintendo book I preordered months in advance. There are plenty of posts online on how bad they are for actually giving you the stuff you paid for.

Comment

Heads up for the preorder of the physical US version of Psyvariar Delta. Available for PS4 and Switch at Dispatch Games.
                                Official Online Store for City Connection and Dispatch Games. Look for Nintendo Switch, Sony PlayStation4, Limited Editions, and more coming soon! Japanese Rail Sim, Radirgy Swag, Game Paradise Cruisin Mix, Game Tengoku, Psyvariar Delta, Penguin Wars, Soldam.

Comment

Working...
                                X