No announcement yet.

Let's Get Physical (Physical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone is having production problems, and long waiting times were always a...mhmmm....feature of these small-ish publishers. The amount of stuff that LRG, Strictly Limited, and co have on production backlog is impressive, and I'd like for them to clear it before announcing anything else, but probably if they don't, they won't have enough money to announce their next project.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these companies are running in perpetual debt like a giant pyramid scheme, paying for game A with game B's pre-orders. Looks like Ready to Dispatch are hanging on by a shoestring.

Comment

I think that's more than likely. There has been such a gold rush on this that I would be very surprised if the market can actually support the current number of players. For the smaller ones, if they have some worthwhile deals setup they might possibly be shooting for acquisition by Limited Run/Play Asia. Even The Hut/Zavvi, maybe. They've given this stuff a half hearted shot.

Comment

One of the main problems has to be there's not enough great indie titles that demand a physical release. Those that do, end up with the big players mostly (LRG and Strictly Limited). I think even the collectors market has given up on a lot of them as there are just too many.

Perhaps they are hoping for a bit of market consolidation.

Comment

Speaking of which, here's another one that I learned of recently - https://www.vgnysoft.com . Yuppie Psycho's seemingly their big flagship release, but they've got a few shooters in their lineup too.

I'm not clear yet on whether there's going to be a separate Japanese release, but either way, publishing a Platinum game feels like a pretty big score for LRG -

There's also their reworking of River City Girls 0 available currently too.

Comment

The Japanese physical version of Kiki Kaikai Kuro Manto no nazo (Pocky & Rocky Reshrined) is up for preorder on Japanese retailers. Release date in set for April 2022.

Comment

Not gonna lie...that JPN physical collector's edition of Live A Live is looking sexy.

『ライブアライブ コレクターズエディション』が数量限定で発売決定!

Comment

Oh that is nice. I could do without the bag though. I hope there's some sort of non collector's edition made available in English somewhere.

I'm curious about that board game inclusion, does anyone know what that is?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Oh that is nice. I could do without the bag though. I hope there's some sort of non collector's edition made available in English somewhere.

I'm curious about that board game inclusion, does anyone know what that is?
                    Disagree about the bag. I think it's pretty dope, tbh! That said, the main draw for me is the double-CD soundtrack. I'm hoping that it'll be made available standalone somewhere as I consider it to be some of Yoko Shimomura's best composer work this side of SFII.

MyNintendoStore UK and Play-Asia have a standard english-language physical version up for pre-order so I'm assuming it'll be generally available everywhere else.
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 12-02-2022, 07:19.

Comment

I think the bag is pretty cool but I just know I wouldn't use it, and I'm trying to cut down on this sort of stuff (one bed flat + lifelong accumulation of videogame stuff = clutterville).

Good looking out on Nintendo Store having a standard UK version for preorder, thanks. A casual Google hadn't revealed that. That's an easy get. Really looking forward to this game.

It's possible that the cart will be the same globally, I think that has happened for a few Switch games, so maybe you'll be able to get the Squeenix store limited edition. Might need a reshipper like the one importaku uses though.

Comment

Ahh good spot on the Live-a-Live. I thought it was gonna be like the SaGa games, Legend of Mana etc where you had to get either an Asian release with English, or the Japanese limited edition without, but an actual physical release on the UK Nintendo store is great news. I've stuck an order in now.

Comment

Fangamer are releasing Baba is You - link. The same Fangamer also opened an EU store recently too, but at least as of right now, this isn't listed on there. I'll do some sniffing about.

Comment

Ender Lilies (Switch and PS4) is getting an open preoder at Limited Run. Preorder window opens tomorrow at 6AM (UK time) and closes 6AM on Sunday.

THIS ITEM HAS NOT GONE ON SALE YET. IT WILL BE AVAILABLE ON TUESDAY, MARCH 8TH AT 12PM EASTERN TIME. ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights is on a region-free physical cart for the Nintendo Switch. This is an open pre-order for a limited time. PRE-ORDERS CLOSE ON SUNDAY, APRIL 10, 2022 AT 11:59 PM EASTERN TIME.Long ago, in the distant reaches of Land's End... The unforeseen descent of the Rain transformed all living things into frenzied undead monstrosities known as the Blighted. Faced with a calamity far beyond their understanding with no recourse, the kingdom fell into ruin, with no end in sight to the accursed rain. Meanwhile, in the remnants of this ruined world, a young girl named Lily awakens in the depths of a church.

First Play thread: https://bordersdown.net/threads/1295...-Of-The-Knight
                            Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 07-03-2022, 16:49.

Comment

Physical release of Andro Dunos 2 on Xbox One has been canned. Not a good sign for subsequent physical releases I would expect.

Comment

First Press Games have a stack of games that are estimated to be ready Q1 2022, which gives them a little over 3 weeks. The total lack of communication from them makes me wonder if some of these games are ever going to be released. I'm pretty certain either way they won't be coming Q1 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                X