Let's Get Physical (Physical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
    disappointing that their is no clam style shell box this time just a steelbook
    Think you've got your Collector's Editions confused.

The clam-style shell box came with the Pix 'n Love version of Vol. 1.

LRG version of Vol. 1 didn't have one. I know because I have it (first-print).

I do believe that [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] can confirm this - he double-dipped!
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 10-11-2022, 10:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
      I do believe that @fuse can confirm this - he double-dipped!
      Yep! This was my paper-thin justification for the double dip, even. Pix'n Love had the clamshell (in-fitting with EU NGPC releases) and there was a Japanese release with one too, whereas the LRG one had the retrospective book instead. In two minds as to what I do here, but probably going to skip the LRG release for Vol 2.

Good to see they're still getting traction with Konami re: the other arcade collection. That Rondo of Blood re-issue's taking its time though, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
        Yep! This was my paper-thin justification for the double dip, even. Pix'n Love had the clamshell (in-fitting with EU NGPC releases) and there was a Japanese release with one too, whereas the LRG one had the retrospective book instead. In two minds as to what I do here, but probably going to skip the LRG release for Vol 2.
        I don't really blame you. I nearly went the same way! Wanted the clamshell but was put off from ordering from Pix 'n Love after hearing many bad customer service stories so went with the LRG version instead for Vol. 1. Funnily enough, Pix 'n Love still have CEs of Vol. 1 available...

Good to see they're still getting traction with Konami re: the other arcade collection. That Rondo of Blood re-issue's taking its time though, eh?
        Indeed. They're also lagging in terms of making a physical version of the ReBirth Collection (wishful thinking on my part)!
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 10-11-2022, 11:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
          Think you've got your Collector's Editions confused.

The clam-style shell box came with the Pix 'n Love version of Vol. 1.

LRG version of Vol. 1 didn't have one. I know because I have it (first-print).

I do believe that [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] can confirm this - he double-dipped!
          Ah my mistake it was that long ago that i ordered id completely forgot that it was Pix n love that i ordered from Doh

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
              If that's the same Berserk game I've got on the PS4, I certainly wouldn't recommend it. It's just another of those Koei slash a million enemy type games. Boring as ****.
              The Dreamcast Berserk game was far more entertaining with its good story and real-time scenes. Same goes with the PS2 Berserk game as well. Another that is vastly superior.

Comment

I've still not played the PS4 one but I do have a copy of it. As I understand, it became a bit more scarce and started fetching some silly prices once news broke of Miura's death, so a reprint is good news.

Comment

Drainus coming to Switch, Strictly Limited Games doing a physical release that goes up for pre-order this weekend.

Exclusive Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PlayStation Vita games in strictly limited quantities.

The latest game from Team Ladybug (Touhou Luna Nights, Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth), it's a story-based 2D shmup that as of right now is exclusive to Steam. It's good!

Comment

Just got my copy of Dusk for Switch. Having fun with it (yeah, I open my games and play 'em).

Comment

Drainus coming to Switch, Strictly Limited Games doing a physical release that goes up for pre-order this weekend.

Exclusive Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PlayStation Vita games in strictly limited quantities.

The latest game from Team Ladybug (Touhou Luna Nights, Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth), it's a story-based 2D shmup that as of right now is exclusive to Steam. It's good!
                      Oh that looks good. I really enjoyed Touhou Luna Nights it'll be good to see these guys try another genre.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        If that's the same Berserk game I've got on the PS4, I certainly wouldn't recommend it. It's just another of those Koei slash a million enemy type games. Boring as ****.
                        The Dreamcast Berserk game was far more entertaining with its good story and real-time scenes. Same goes with the PS2 Berserk game as well. Another that is vastly superior.
                        Yep, that's the Berserk Musou game. Alright fun if you like the series, but hardly essential gaming.

Comment

Another opportunity to get yourself a Gleylancer cart: https://www.strictlylimitedgames.com...sis-mega-drive

Comment

iam8bit are releasing an 'exclusive' edition of The Artful Escape for PS5 and Switch

Comment

Then there's Cannon Dancer / Osman coming too, though I'd also note that there's a standard retail release due for this in Japan too if you don't want to hang around that long.
                              The Japanese release for this appears to have been shunted back from January all the way to June 30th.

Comment

Front Mission 1st Remake gets several limited physical editions.

Front Mission 1st: Remake has been revealed for physical release on Nintendo Switch with three editions. Pre-orders are now open.

Comment

Working...
                                X