No announcement yet.

Let's Get Physical (Physical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Limited Run stuff from last week wasn't too interesting but tomorrow they have the A-Train PS4 game (which has a VR mode!) going up. Seems the kind of thing some folks would dig.

Comment

Thanks, [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION].
      This looks like a good site for following limited run physical games:

Comment

Comment

Heh, awesome!

Whilst you're waiting, you can make a Dragon's Lair papercraft cabinet here:
          My recent resurgent fanaticism for old-school video games and pinball machines and my work-related crash-course in, and budding love, of pap...

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
            There needs to be a refund policy on PSN. Spending even a fiver and then not liking the game winds me up! I can't imagine dropping £60 on a digital game.
            That's a fair point, if you do buy a physical game, don't like it and still can't get a refund you could still flog on Ebay and get something back for your outlay.

Comment

I'm amazed anyone chooses digital over physical. When you buy a physical copy of a game, you know where you stand. You can play it at your leisure any time you want. You can lend it to people. You can sell it on. You can keep it for ten twenty years safe in the knowledge you can still play it. When you buy a digital game, you're basically pissing all your rights away. You don't really own it. You own access to it. It's a joke.

Comment

A-Train Express is up!

There's also now a confirmed pre-order date of May 31st for The House in Fata Morgana. My understanding is that the localisation of this was actually pursued by Limited Run, rather than just taking on publishing duties. It's a VN I've heard tonnes of good things about, so I'm really looking forward to giving it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  A-Train Express is up!
                  Anyone getting this?

They don't have any screenshots or videos or even a blurb about the game! About any of their games!

Comment

I bought Celeste from LRG, really wish I hadn't bothered tbh.

Somehow convinced myself that I needed a physical copy. The digital release has been sold for I want to say £12 or so in sales (less on Steam). I paid about £50 for this release back in January and the game won't be produced physically until all DLC has dropped. That's nice, I suppose, but if I knew this were the case when ordering I wouldn't have bothered.

Physical for the sake of physical seems kinda dumb to me when there's such a gulf in pricing as there tends to be with these releases. I think people like the thrill of limited availability of some of these releases, and they're also number them so collectors can get their kicks. It's like taking the thrill of finding a low print run, "rare" game on eBay and turning that experience into a commodity.

I dunno, they're just not for me. And there's some proper guff getting physical releases too.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                      Anyone getting this?

They don't have any screenshots or videos or even a blurb about the game! About any of their games!
                      Basically it’s like sim city but with trains, i’ll Find you a video of it when I get in as there’s a few up on the Japanese version.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        I bought Celeste from LRG, really wish I hadn't bothered tbh.
                        Is there anything that didn't cause buyer's remorse in you after five seconds of paying or receiving the item?

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                          Is there anything that didn't cause buyer's remorse in you after five seconds of paying or receiving the item?
                          The things that I don't complain about on Twitter!

Comment

Biff spiddleton into ditch, keep away from ma a-trains!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Anyone getting this?

Ordered, I was a master on xbox 360 a-train!
                              Last edited by vanpeebles; 22-05-2019, 16:56.

Comment

House in Fata Morgana and the London Detective Mysteria (which I definitely do not find amusing in any way) go up today, folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X