User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Timespinner for PS4/Switch is up today. That'll be me sticking in an order for that and Rogue Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuteros View Post
    Vasara Collection will go up for sale at 11 p.m. The Vita version should sell out in minutes but the PS4 and Switch versions will probably last a couple of days.
    How come none of these limited run companies make Xbox One discs? Is there actually some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    How come none of these limited run companies make Xbox One discs? Is there actually some reason?
    I believe Xbox disc production has a higher minimum number that companies don’t want to or can’t commit to.
    I suppose you can’t make a limited run game when MS are asking for 10,000 minimum discs to be produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Family Fry View Post
    I believe Xbox disc production has a higher minimum number that companies don’t want to or can’t commit to.
    I suppose you can’t make a limited run game when MS are asking for 10,000 minimum discs to be produced.
    I see. That's a bummer but also I dislike the whole limited run system anyway. It makes getting games that you want difficult and hikes up prices on the 2nd hand market. It's obvious that most of these limited run games have a wider market than what they cater for.

Rumour has it that, during the Xbox 360 days, Microsoft had a 50,000 minimum limit for production runs of any given title. This requirement was lowered to only 6,000 units for physical releases in the japanese market.

Nowadays, Nintendo and Sony are clearly happier to accomodate smaller print runs. Sony, at least, has the facilities to produce its own media, which I'm sure helps.

Limited Run Games have made public that they've tried talking to Microsoft about publishing for their platform but have gotten nowhere. They haven't even been given a conclusive number as the minimum limit for a production run.

Isn’t every game for Xbox in japan. A limited run? Lol

Bud Spencer & Terence Hill: Slaps and Beans had a physical release by Strictly Limited Games put up for sale yesterday and copies for both the PS4 and the Switch are still available.

Metal Wolf Chaos is available through Special Reserve Games - link

SRG have actually shipped Minit and The Messenger now, and they also have Downwell up for order. The Switch version comes with a FlipGrip, which is good for those who don't have one yet, but **** for me, who already has two and probably doesn't need a third

Nothing too interesting on the LRG front for me lately, other than River City Girls, that I'm starting to hear some good things about.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Nothing too interesting on the LRG front for me lately, other than River City Girls, that I'm starting to hear some good things about.
    Why not just get it from PlayAsia? Apparently the Asia version is in English.