No announcement yet.

Let's Get Physical (Physical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you who skipped past it, or didn't receive it in the first place, Limited Run sent out a shipping update email blast earlier this week with a pretty open and honest briefing on how they're currently struggling to keep up. It seems their supply chain is almost back to normalcy, but their own shipping team is now massively overstretched given there's been no staggering of orders, and staffing up has been problematic with the pandemic.

Personally it was pretty good timing, as I'd begun to get a little dismayed with the number of orders I've got held up with them and had actually been over there to start tracking them more closely.

Comment

sill waiting for metal slug & space channel 5 vr from them

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        sill waiting for metal slug & space channel 5 vr from them
        I'm waiting on... (deep breath)

Black Bird, Clannad, Panzer Dragoon, Garou, Outer Wilds, Carrion, The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa, Shace Channel 5 VR, Grandia HD Collection, Shantae (GBC + NSW), Metal Slug Anthology, The Mummy Demastered, Brigandine, and Chasm.

... and exhale.

Also still waiting to see if a Timespinner and Transistor that returned to sender ever arrive, or if they're lost in transit forever and I have to take a refund.

Comment

Whoa, you're practically a shareholder at this point!

Comment

I'm sure everyone who had an order in for Rolling Gunner will have seen this already, but Physicality Games are bowing out

An Open Letter from Physicality Games

We started Physicality Games with the idea of differently providing pre-order exclusive physical video games. We didn’t want the artificial scarcity of limited-print runs to prevent fans from getting the game they wanted. We wanted Deluxe Editions that any fan, gamer, or collector would be proud to display on their shelves, packaged in beautiful, metal, display boxes and containing items meaningful to the game. We wanted a site that would facilitate communities by allowing gamers to easily share their gamer IDs and favorite games across the internet. We wanted something true to our key values of kindness, community, quality, and charity.

In many ways we succeeded. We are proud of the site we created. We are proud of the Deluxe Editions we put together and the high-level of detail that went into every aspect of them. And we are proud to announce that we, from our own pockets, have already made all charitable donations earned through pre-orders.

However, after eight months of sustained effort we failed to achieve sufficient pre-orders for any of our exclusive pre-order titles. We have therefore decided to cancel our exclusive pre-order titles and will begin processing full refunds to our customers per our guarantee. This was a painful decision to make but we can no longer, in good consciousness, ask our customers to continue waiting.

We offer a sincere apology that we are unable to ship and would like to thank each and every one of our fans from the bottom of our hearts for the patience and understanding they’ve shown.

The Physicality Games website will remain open. Non pre-order games and apparel will remain available for purchase with quick shipment. Community functions will remain active and new accounts and profiles can still be created and shared online. However, exclusive pre-order titles will no longer be available.

Thank you for your continued support and understanding during this transition.

- The Physicality Games Team
            Having been keeping a close eye on the number of pre-orders required, and following their earlier decision to refund full upfront payments in favour of a $5 deposit, I can't say I'm particularly surprised they're walking away. Fair play to them for how they're handling it though - they don't seem to be handling things very well, and my refund's come in already. It's a shame, as Rolling Gunner seemed a great candidate for this kind of release.

Comment

Where's the best place to import English language Asian versions of physical games now?

I want the Taiko no Tatsujin RPG double pack on Switch. In the UK it's a code in a box which is obviously for freaks. Play Asia have the Asian version with English but is there a better place for it? Play Asia is £65 after taxes and shipping and they allied themselves with Gamergate mutants once upon a time.

Anyone got any recommendations for places other than Play Asia?

Comment

Just in case it helps, the jp version is also in English.

Comment

I've gone with YesAsia, but BuyGame2 are my other go-to for this

I don't know for sure, but I'd similarly heard that this Taiko set had no English language in the Japanese release

Comment

If the JP version does contain English I'm just going to wait until cheap 2nd hand copies appear online like I did with Chocobos Dungeon.

Comment

I've only played my JP version a bit, but it was all in English so far, and I'm sure both languages were mentioned on the eshop.

Comment

Ah, fantastic, thanks all!

Comment

I see B-Side are releasing Quartet Fighters - https://b-sidegames.stores.jp/items/...c3946093a2feeb

Comment

“Hyper Light Drifter” is getting a physical release to the Nintendo Switch in January 2021

What’s inside the Collector’s Set?

Game Card: the physical copy of Hyper Light Drifter – Special Edition.
                            Poster: A full colour illustration (51 x 31 cm).
                            Keychain: The Drifter’s Companion (4 cm).
                            Lenticular Card: A Rosetta Stone card to interpret the forgotten language of the land.
                            2 CDs: The original soundtrack by Disasterpeace.
                            Sticker: Circular sticker (6 cm diameter).
                            Manual: A full colour booklet of 24 pages.
                            Inlay: A reversible cover with 2 design options.

Comment

Capy have partnered with iam8bit for a physical version of Grindstone on Switch, which comes with some crayons to colour in the reversible cover

My colouring skills aren't the best, so I'm glad that I like really like the standard cover art!

They (iam8bit) also have a tat-packed limited edition for the console release of Disco Elysium - link - but I also understand there's to be a standard physical edition too. If anyone sees it before me do shout, it's one of the games I'm looking forward to playing the most!

Comment

PS5 only?! I guess a Switch version will be released inevitably but I was hoping for a PS4 version.

Comment

Working...
                                X