[NSW, PC, PS4] Cotton Reboot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[NSW, PC, PS4] Cotton Reboot!

Only the platforms have been announced: PS4, Switch, PC. No release date or price yet. The title is tentatively Cotton Reboot.

There will also be a re-release of the original version. On floppies. For the X68000.

過去の名作を最新機種用にフルアレンジ移植するBEEPのスーパーアレンジプロジェクトスタート!グラフィック・BGMすべて新規制作でお届けします!第一弾は魔女ッコSTGの元祖「コットン」!PS4、Switch、Steamにて発売決定!

Great news. Been too long since the last Cotton game.

Comment

R-Type, Strikers and now Cotton… good times are a-coming for shooter fans

Looking forward to this, Cotton games are great.

And as for rereleasing the original on 5 1/4” floppies… that’s just awesome and proper hardcore. They must have had to manufacture new disks, unless they found a stash of original unused ones somewhere?
      Last edited by _SD_; 19-05-2019, 18:32.

Comment

The more shoot 'em ups the merrier. Well.. as long as they're good.

Fingers crossed that this game turns out to be something special.

Comment

The only thing I know about Cotton is that I didn’t buy it for the NGPC. If indeed it’s the game I think it is. Which it might not be.

Comment

Beep getting into publishing is bad-ass. Good on them.

Comment

Interview with Beep about the reboot. Originally on Famitsu, translated by Siliconera.

Comment

Might have to pick up the x68000 version

Comment

Small update: Reboot! will feature an X68000 mode (a port/emulation of the original), arrange mode (modern version with widescreen support, new music, and voiceovers), and score attack with online leaderboards.

Comment

WAAANT!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hmmm interesting, not a series that gets regular updates although saying that when did parodius get a modern update. The megadrive version is still the most technically impressive, that’s some very clever programming to pull that off on a megafrive. Although I did like the pc engine version.

Comment

Seems interesting.

I've only played the NGPC one, which looks nice and is kinda fun, but has tiresomely bullet spongey bosses. I like the box though, and it's easily the most valuable game I own.

I've always wanted to play Rainbow Cotton on the DC. Must plug the console in and give that a bash at some point.

Comment

I loved Cotton Boomerang on the Saturn but I sold it when I went on my shooter purge a few years back to fund my Hot Toys figures & seriously regret it now with the secondary prices being like they are I just don't have the funds to re-buy it

I still have the PS1 Hits version of Cotton Original (which someone on here kindly donated to me & now I can't remember who ) but that was still played up until I changed my telly back in 2017 & couldn't use my PS1 anymore but it's a cracking game & the series was always a firm fave of mine

I'm super excited to grab this as soon as I can

Neil

Comment

New trailer

I think it shows the original X68000 mode and the new arrange mode, but the difference is very minute, like just the backgrounds...anyway, launching Spring 2020 in Japan.

Comment

Delayed from spring 2020 to early summer 2020.

Comment

Working...
                              X