XBox One audio lag on UHD discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBox One audio lag on UHD discs

Common complaint around the internet. Only solution I found was to tell the Xbox to outputn uncompressed stereo. Far from ideal :-(
    Anyone got any better solutions?

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Common complaint around the internet. Only solution I found was to tell the Xbox to outputn uncompressed stereo. Far from ideal :-(
    Anyone got any better solutions?
    When mine goes out of synch, I just rewind for a couple of seconds and press play and everything runs correctly.

Comment

pausing then un-pausing usually corrects a lip sync issue

Comment

Not in this case. It starts out of synch and stays that way nomatter what I do (beyond dropping to stereo sound). Seems to be a UHD Blu-Ray (or maybe blue-ray as well) specific issue. Netflix, Now TV and Amazon all fine.

Comment

Is the picture setting on the tv on 'game'? That may affect it. I switch to one of the 'cinema' modes on my tv when I watch film on the xbox.

Comment

My One X never goes out of sync with the video when watching 4k bluray. . I'll a picture of my settings tonight when I get home in 12 hours. Oh, the TV is set to game mode. To complicate matters more the audio comes out via the amp (optical) or TV via the HDMI.

What it does do though is scramble the screen as irregular points when watching 4K via YouTube. That's bloody annoying.

Comment

I can here this when I select certain audio formats. Usually just on the blips from menus.
              I’d actually assumed it was my soundbar as it’s old and I’m using optical. But maybe it’s the Xbox

Comment

Same issue on Wonder Woman uhd blu ray. As I say, Xbox is fine with games, Netflix, Amazon’s prime and now tv and is fine on uhds if I choose stereo. I’m gonna say it’s the blu Ray app.

Ridiculous that Sony didn’t include a uhd blu Ray player in the Pro.

Comment

Is this an S or an X Brad?

Comment

X mate

Comment

Cheers. I heard some issues with the S but I guess if you’re having issues with the X too it does perhaps seem like it has something to do with the app. Still on the fence personally but if it can’t do UHD flawlessly that’s disappointing.

Comment

It also, for both movies I tried, had a single instance of audio stutter. I mean really it’s not fit for purpose imo. I’ll be getting rid of it and getting a dedicated player I reckon. I never actually game on it. One of my worst gaming buys.

Comment

Working...
                        X