Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here seen the Starship Troopers sequels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here seen the Starship Troopers sequels?

Was watching a YouTube video about Starship Troopers, during which I saw a pretty good-looking CGI animated movie seems to now be part of the franchise, something which previously must've passed me by. I skipped all the follow-ups because they looked to be low-budget affairs.

Has anyone here watched (perhaps "suffered through") them? Any good? Do they tell a story where you have to watch them in order?

[MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION] was proper slagging off the sequels t'other day!

Comment

Nope. But I adored Roughnecks, the animated series. It’s old TV CG so probably doesn’t look great today but it had a fantastic story and it was a building story that changed and evolved as the show went on, leading to a big climax... which never happened because they ran out of money a couple of episodes from the end. But what’s there is brilliant.

Comment

I've seen one of them, that was enough. They don't really follow on from the original, although Rico returns in 3 (the one I've seen). It's not absolutely dire, but I've no desire to watch any of the others on the strength of what I've seen - it was low budget stuff.

Comment

I've seen the third one, 'Marauder' I think it's called. It's OK. It's obviously got a much lower budget and a much smaller cast than the original. It feels a bit like decent-but-not-great DLC.

Still haven't watched the second despite owning the DVD for about fifteen years.

Comment

I’m pretty sure it was the second one I saw and it was appalling.

Comment

Yep, the second Starship Troopers is bloody awful.

Comment

Working...
              X