Clear All

Retro Arena: Sprite Scaling Cop Games

Hot Chase - 1988
    Chase HQ - 1988
    Night Striker - 1989
    S.C.I. - 1989
    A.B. Cop - 1990
    Lucky & Wild - 1992

Here are six sprite scaling games with a 'crime' theme. Choose 2 that you like the most.
    Last edited by Leon Retro; 21-05-2019, 15:55.

A.B. Cop was great fun especially the ride on variant. Fast and fun as arcade games should be.

And Chase HQ was arguably the original and the one I enjoyed on the home computers of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      A.B. Cop was great fun especially the ride on variant. Fast and fun as arcade games should be.
      I wish I had played it in the arcades, but I don't think I even saw it.

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      And Chase HQ was arguably the original and the one I enjoyed on the home computers of the day.
      I remember being disappointed with the Amiga version: small car sprite and quite drab graphics. The Spectrum and Amstrad versions are good 8-bit ports.
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 21-05-2019, 16:37.

Comment

Yeah, definitely A.B. Cop, absolutely cracking game. The local cinema had the stand-up cab but I have played the DX version too.

Chase H.Q. is another game I’d always look for in an arcade… although my regular fix was via the Gameboy port.

Comment

I only really played Chase HQ out of that lot (maybe a tiny bit of S.C.I. on the Saturn). After avoiding other cars in racing games for years it was refreshing to have the added requirement of capturing bad guys by ramming them into submission. Felt proper Miami Vice too.

I remember being drawn in my the cab art (such an art form back then) of Cisco Heat too but the game was pretty disappointing from what i remember.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
            although my regular fix was via the Gameboy port.
            Looks like the Master System version in B&W.

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            Felt proper Miami Vice too.

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            I remember being drawn in my the cab art (such an art form back then) of Cisco Heat too but the game was pretty disappointing from what i remember.
            It's funny how it's cop car racing. I don't think it was very good. The Amiga version isn't fun to play.
            Last edited by Leon Retro; 21-05-2019, 17:54.

Comment

Hot Chase was whey cool recall playing it a lot and the OG street fighter on france ferry crossing.

Also enjoy Edward Randy's scaling sections very impressive.

Comment

Did Hot Chase ever come in a cabinet like Konami's other arcade racer, WEC Le Mans 24?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post

Also enjoy Edward Randy's scaling sections very impressive.
                  Yeah, that's a pretty impressive game. Should have had a Saturn port.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  Did Hot Chase ever come in a cabinet like Konami's other arcade racer, WEC Le Mans 24?

This is the only version I remember seeing and playing.

Comment

I also did a search and that is all I came up with. Maybe I'm getting confused because the graphics are so similar.

Comment

Hot Chase? Never heard of that one before.

Comment

Chase HQ - Loved this game so much back inthe time

Night Stiker - Such a cool looking game with some ace music and played very much like Space Harrier , but with a car

Comment

Chase HQ in the arcades is the only one of these I played, auto-win!

Comment

Only played Chase HQ and SCI.

Apart from Night Striker, do any of the others have console ports?

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                              Only played Chase HQ and SCI.

Apart from Night Striker, do any of the others have console ports?
                              They do not, just night striker and the chase hq games.

Comment

Working...
                              X