Everybody's Golf VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody's Golf VR

These are just first impressions after completing the tutorial and playing half a dozen holes, but first impressions count and I'm feeling great after just a short time with this game. It gets so many things right, and then some.

First and foremost it feels intuitive for a non-golfer. The weight and interaction feel very realistic to me, everything responding according to what your body is doing. Some golfers may tell me different but from a gamer's point of view it feels great (playing with a Move controller, btw).

Secondly, it's a beautiful gaming environment; happy and green, like a virtual vacation vibe, even before you tee off you're 100% immersed in the world. Definitely one of the most visually impressive games I've played in VR, not just art design but clarity and solidity too.

Already I can see this joining Rez, Tetris Effect and AstroBot as a must have. I did hear the course count may be on the low side but I have no problem with that. Give me quality over quantity any day. And I have a lot of work to do on my game with these courses ... not had a par game yet

Very impressed so far.
    On Par
    0%
    Sub Par
    0%
    John Parr
    0%

I take it you need a fair bit of room where you have your set up for this to be ok? Not that I've switched my PS4 on in 2019 yet, but there's not a lot of distance between my TV (And in turn camera) to my couch. Are you giving it full on golf swingage so that people can walk past your house, staring in your window, and assuming you're a lunatic?

Comment

Love the voting options!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        I take it you need a fair bit of room where you have your set up for this to be ok? Not that I've switched my PS4 on in 2019 yet, but there's not a lot of distance between my TV (And in turn camera) to my couch. Are you giving it full on golf swingage so that people can walk past your house, staring in your window, and assuming you're a lunatic?
        You don't need much room. You can do the full on golf swing if you like, but I think you will be making it really difficult for yourself (unless you're a decent golfer). Just a larger margin for error. You can hit 100% power by doing a "half swing". The game even allows for sitting down swinging. One handed too.

Personally, I think the half swing is a great compromise. Still feels authentic. I have been slicing my drives just like in real life.

The game is brilliant. I've spent time with it adjusting my swing so I try and pull my left shoulder a bit more to compensate for the slicing and it is working! By the way. I don't actually go and play real golf, but I do enjoy a good golf game (not the later Tiger series though).

There isn't that much in the way of content, but to be honest, the battle on the course, trying to better your score each round is so addictive. When you're happy with your score, you can submit it to the online leaderboard.

I hope they do bring some multiplayer though. Would be nice to have a round with you guys.

Well worth the asking price. Can't wait to show my golfing family members, they will sh*t the bed lol
        Last edited by hudson; 22-05-2019, 13:56.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention there are some slightly awkward occasional cutscenes featuring you and your caddy . The one with Steve (you get him if you pre-ordered) is a bit creepy.

You're both standing there on the course in a secluded area and he gets you to try on his shades. He tells you you look good and then he seems to make some small sex grunts. Okay maybe more "I would like to take you home" sort of hmms and mmms.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            I take it you need a fair bit of room where you have your set up for this to be ok?
            Not really mate ... it's pretty much how hudson says. There are other VR games with a bigger footprint than this. Definitely worth picking up.

Originally posted by hudson View Post
            You can do the full on golf swing if you like, but I think you will be making it really difficult for yourself (unless you're a decent golfer). Just a larger margin for error. You can hit 100% power by doing a "half swing".
            Totally agree, the shorter swing works for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus

Very impressed so far.
              If you think it's good, then that's all I need to know,

Ordered !!!

Comment

It's very good mate. I played some more last night and my game is definitely getting better with practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  It's very good mate. I played some more last night and my game is definitely getting better with practice.
                  Just ordered it off Amazon for £20 and I'm off work until Monday. So may have a round of golf on my days off lol

Comment

Man this game feels so rewarding and frustrating in a good way. You know when you've slacked on your swing. When you get it right, when you get that birdie... It's a great feeling. I catch myself fist pumping stood up in the living room. All Ive done so far is the out 9 of Forest Course. I won't leave until I've got that under par finish. So far my best is +1. Love this.

Comment

Can we change the title to ‘Everybody’s Goff’?

Adds a bit of class to the place.

Atticus - do you wear full-on checkered goff pullover, Dr Livingstone shorts, long socks and a Data-playing-poker sun cap while playing it?

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                        Atticus - do you wear full-on checkered goff pullover, Dr Livingstone shorts, long socks and a Data-playing-poker sun cap while playing it?
                        It's mandatory

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          It's mandatory
                          Just like me and [MENTION=7343]prinnysquad[/MENTION] getting wasted in the Club house

Comment

50 pints a round!

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                              50 pints a round!
                              If only you with me for the racing today lol
                              Last edited by Team Andromeda; 26-05-2019, 09:40.

Comment

Working...
                              X