Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Playdate) Bizarre new console launches soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the ****? How did this monstrosity pass me by?

Comment

Comment

That's brilliant.

EDIT: I should point out my comment is in relation to the crank being used to fire after my failure to properly quote.

Comment

So who on here actually bought one?

Comment

has It even been released yet?

Comment

Nah, it’s not out. Supposedly coming this year still.

Comment

Not gonna lie I do find it intriguing enough to buy as it’s weirdness is very much up my alley but that price tag is a bit steep and the games are mostly still totally unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  Not gonna lie I do find it intriguing enough to buy as it’s weirdness is very much up my alley but that price tag is a bit steep and the games are mostly still totally unknown.
                  Who are you trying to kid?

This is exactly the kind of stuff you love!

Comment

Update today: https://play.date/update-oct/

• Hardware is now finalised
                    • Packaging is also finalised
                    • All relevant certifications are passed
                    • 20,000 units available at launch, but plan to run batches in 'open order' fashion to avoid selling out
                    • Orders expected to open early 2021
                    • They've added more games to 'season 1' and expect to announce the full list soon

Comment

Is this a wind-up?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                        Is this a wind-up?

I still really want one of these. It just looks cool. And for what it's worth, Panic's Mac software has always been some of the best around.
                        Last edited by wakka; 30-10-2020, 18:35.

Comment

They've confirmed that it's not going to be a case that they do this and then do pre-orders directly afterward, so don't all clamour to buy one at once, ok?

Comment

Finally some news. Looking forward to hearing more about this.

Comment

In summary:
                              - There's an accessory that functions as a charger / stereo dock / pen holder. It comes with a pen.
                              - Season 1 (free with the unit) comes with 2 games a week for a 12 week period
                              - Footage within for lots of the S1 and beyond games (Lucas Pope working on a thing!)
                              - Playdate 'Pulp', game development tool designed to be super easy and is entirely browser-based
                              - $179.99, available to order in July with at least a week's notice before pre-orders
                              Last edited by fuse; 08-06-2021, 16:45.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

I still really want one of these. It just looks cool. And for what it's worth, Panic's Mac software has always been some of the best around.
                                This is true. Sadly teenage engineering are a bunch of hipsters who have made stuff that looks desirable but is poorly made imo. I’d never buy anything from them again

Comment

Working...
                                X