Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Playdate) Bizarre new console launches soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as i try to convince myself i'm no longer interested i still really want one i love the low def style games.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      As much as i try to convince myself i'm no longer interested i still really want one i love the low def style games.
      Same. It'd be sat in the tat drawer before winter sets in, but it looks so appealing!

Comment

Something about the fact it has a mono screen along with a quirky library of small indie games it’s pushing all the right buttons for me. Not a impulse purchase at that price though but I’m still in for one if I can get a preorder. No idea if they are even selling international or it will be a USA only thing.

Comment

They are shipping internationally but all the orders will be coming from the US. They'll apparently be showing what the import duty is up front during checkout though, rather than leaving it as a nice surprise a la Analogue.

They've also said their intention is for everyone who wants one to get one, so there's no limit on how many they'll manufacture.

Comment

That’ll stop the scalper trash at least, good they are shipping worldwide. Makes it harder to resist putting a preorder in lol.

Comment

This looks like such a cool and cute little hand held console, in a fun retro style… not sure it passes my ‘dragon punch’ pad test though… all new console controllers need to be able to allow a ‘sho-ryu-ken’ move to be pulled off with ease, if it is to be classed as a decent control pad

But colour me interested…

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                not sure it passes my ‘dragon punch’ pad test though… all new console controllers need to be able to allow a ‘sho-ryu-ken’ move to be pulled off with ease, if it is to be classed as a decent control pad
                What if you held the punch button and cranked a quarter-circle towards the opponent? Game changer!

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                  What if you held the punch button and cranked a quarter-circle towards the opponent? Game changer!
                  Sounds like it could be the basis for a game for this. `Infinite dragon punch Life' (working title)

Synopsis
                  Poor MR122 has played too much Street fighter and now his brain is broken and he can only interact with his surroundings by the medium of the dragon punch. help him complete daily tasks like making some toast by dragon punching bread into the toaster, or using the toilet by dragon punching the lid open, compete this and many other tasks and help him get though his day.

Gameplay
                  Winding the handle increase the strength of the dragon punch wind to much and you could over shoot your toast or break the toilet wind to little and you don't get toast and end up with wet trousers.
                  Last edited by Lebowski; 09-06-2021, 13:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                    Sounds like it could be the basis for a game for this. `Infinite dragon punch Life' (working title)

Synopsis
                    Poor MR122 has played too much Street fighter and now his brain is broken and he can only interact with his surroundings by the medium of the dragon punch. help him complete daily tasks like making some toast by dragon punching bread into the toaster, or using the toilet by dragon punching the lid open be careful not to punch to hard or you may break the toilet, compete this and many other tasks and help him get though his day.

Gameplay
                    Winding the handle increase the strength of the dragon punch wind to much and you could over shoot your toast or break the toilet wind to little and you don't get toast and end up with wet trousers.
                    Congratulations you're signed to a 6 game first look deal with Playdate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post

Synopsis
                      Poor MR122 has played too much Street fighter and now his brain is broken and he can only interact with his surroundings by the medium of the dragon punch. help him complete daily tasks like making some toast by dragon punching bread into the toaster, or using the toilet by dragon punching the lid open, compete this and many other tasks and help him get though his day.

Gameplay
                      100% would play.

Comment

I want at least one game called crank dat shi*

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          I want at least one game called crank dat shi*
                          100% would play.

Comment

100% would play.

Machine looks like a relaunch Cybiko, which puts me off since the connector pad for my Xtreme broke and now needs to get booze-wiped like Sol Thigh, apparently just not Xtremist enough the losers.

In comparison the headphone connector on my old iPod Shuffle, the futurist cowboy chewing gum one, eventually broke. Supposedly it was super-english being made of zinc and brass like a plug socket, so nothing to worry about? So I said to the engineer, okay if I put a backup failsafe on that ****? Because even Luke Skywalker needs help beep boop wedooop?

Possibly an act of traitorous bastard, but pull the phones out 3.03 millimeters and it grips like a Terminator on Sarah Connors leg. Then the dsp has some encrypted ASCII, electron-microscope needed to read and apparently elementary schools of the future have these! They're not the size of rooms! Anyway something like ' Listen, and understand. That headphone connector is out there, it cant be bargained with, it cant be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear, and it absolutely will not stop...EVER, untill you are omfgsquirrel!'

I'm proud of myself.

Comment

Next week, pop pickers!

Comment

I'm tempted...

Comment

Working...
                                X