Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Playdate) Bizarre new console launches soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    Not quite what I had in mind when I suggested a forum playdate
    Yeah not nearly so much KY required.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      Yeah not nearly so much KY required.
      Less cranking.

Comment

Comment

Despite me wanting to concentrate on catching up on switch releases i'm still super tempted to try and get a preorder in, while some think the mono screen is crazy i find it kind of charming. Then again i still play on my pokemon mini quite frequently and that's just as weird and low powered. Ironically a new condition boxed pokemon mini would cost me more than what the playdate preorder costs. It's just quirky enough to stand out from the current sea of chinese emulation handhelds that all do the same thing and emulate the same batches of games.

The game on this machine are a draw too games which you can't play anywhere else, i love that over the top dock too that does wireless charging. The fact you can use it like a chiptune radio when docked is another thing that i find really fun.

Comment

I don't know what the big deal is. I reviewed one of these almost a year ago. . Plays GameBoy really well

Comment

Ha, that is funny Yakumo, I hadn’t seen that vid of yours.

PSA for all dorks looking to preorder - they’re going live at 6pm, on the Playdate website only.

Comment

So I ordered one and a cover.

Comment

That was a stressful experience, first it wouldn't accept uk as a delivery location, then my bank decided to this time do a fraud check by sms but despite all the crap it went through now got my confirmation and my email to set up my playdate account.

Comment

You fools! It was just gather dust.

Yeah, mine wouldn’t go through at first either and HOLY CRAP I was hit so hard on shipping and taxes.

Comment

Oh yeah? Shipping and tax was $20 for me in the UK. Only about $5 for domestic shipping to the US.

Comment

mine wont gather dust i bought a cover lol

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          Oh yeah? Shipping and tax was $20 for me in the UK. Only about $5 for domestic shipping to the US.
                          $30 listed as shipping and duties and $52 listed as taxes. Aren’t duties taxes? Why was i charged so much?!

Comment

Their actual site held up reasonably (bar a couple of 502s), but the underlying checkout / tax process as usual had major issues. Kept being told it wouldn't ship to England, then that it was sold out, and eventually got one from the 2022 batch.

Comment

Wow, that's high. The UK wasn't so bad. Finally the Brexit dividend, eh? We trashed our passport and satisfied the racists but at least we got 20 quid off a Playdate!

Got mine too. Skipped the case though. I want out there on display in all its dust gathering glory

Comment

Seems the website takes you straight to the shop now, i can't find a link on it to take you to your account so don't lose that email they send with the link to setting up your account or you'll be stuffed. I bookmarked the page just in case i need to get in but not much to do on there apart from look at my order or potentially register a device. My order was in the 14000 range so i hopefully might get it this year.

Edit: found it's in the dev part of the website lol not very intuitive

Comment

Working...
                                X