Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Playdate) Bizarre new console launches soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Seems the website takes you straight to the shop now, i can't find a link on it to take you to your account so don't lose that email they send with the link to setting up your account or you'll be stuffed. I bookmarked the page just in case i need to get in but not much to do on there apart from look at my order or potentially register a device. My order was in the 14000 range so i hopefully might get it this year.

Edit: found it's in the dev part of the website lol not very intuitive
    Should say on your order, but anything within the first 20,000 orders should be late 2021. I was order 2872!

Comment

I snuck in under the wire with order 17,271.

Comment

Orderspeedlolita!

I'm in the 17000 range, but it very clearly says 2022. Wouldn't complain if I got bumped up to this year, but I think the guys over there are probably going to be busy putting out bigger fires for the next few days rather than trying to exceed promises.

Comment

Awwww, my order summary and email say 2021 I hope it's not 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Awwww, my order summary said 2021 I hope it's not 2022.
            check your order email it will say if it's 2021 in the item description.
            Last edited by importaku; 29-07-2021, 17:52.

Comment

It does say 2021 there - so fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Orderspeedlolita!

I'm in the 17000 range, but it very clearly says 2022. Wouldn't complain if I got bumped up to this year, but I think the guys over there are probably going to be busy putting out bigger fires for the next few days rather than trying to exceed promises.
                That's pretty strange but also they were allowing people to order 2 units - which might explain that date. So technically what I said was wrong and people are greedy and scalping again probably.

Comment

It was stupid of them to allow more than one, people were crying going oooh but what if i want to buy one as a gift for someone lol yeah of course. So now this is what happens bet you right now if i go on ebay there will be at least a preorder already live.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    It was stupid of them to allow more than one, people were crying going oooh but what if i want to buy one as a gift for someone lol yeah of course. So now this is what happens bet you right now if i go on ebay there will be at least a preorder already live.
                    Right you are!

Comment

Oh what a shock i'm totally surprised lol

Comment

All I hope is that these dinguses gave away enough personal information in their eBay profiles for their orders to get cancelled and mine bumped up to 2021 shipping. Also that they stub their toes and/or get paper cuts.

Comment

for giggles i might just go report them all for preselling

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            All I hope is that these dinguses gave away enough personal information in their eBay profiles for their orders to get cancelled and mine bumped up to 2021 shipping. Also that they stub their toes and/or get paper cuts.
                            May they all step on LEGO in the dark, THEN stub their little toe.

Comment

There's certainly a lot of angry people on twitter (lol like always) Panic seems to have relied on shopify not crapping out a little too much, but they sorted the bugs as they happened but a lot of people are proper bitching that international orders were somehow pushed to one side so usa peeps could get a 2021 unit. Lol just stupid thinking, they were just plain unlucky and not part of some conspiracy. It's good to see that despite it's specs and it's price that it's selling way better than they probably hoped.

With it been totally open and the ability for anyone to sideload games into it that they make it could be a very interesting platform to game on in these coming years.

Comment

I hate scalpers, but kinda like how PlayDate is now a hot item.

Comment

Working...
                                X