AEW Double or nothing 25th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AEW Double or nothing 25th May

I could not find a Wrestling thread at all so thought i would add this, I grew up with Wrestling during the hulk hogan, Andre the Giant, Macho man randy savage days.

Not been a fan of the past 20 years as and only watched a few New Japan events,I felt like WWE have been coasting and with WCW gone and TNA being meh I am really hoping that AEW get it right as there needs to be competition

Yeah I really miss WWE in its prime. I still think during its attitude era it was some of the best TV going.

Comment

The Halcyon days of the WWE (or WWF as it was back in the day) bring back fond memories for me.

I’ve been following AEW on Twitter for a while, and they have some decent talent.

I’m not exactly sure of the price for the ppv, but I believe it’s quite expensive.

Irrespective, I hope they do well and capture more fans. Healthy competition can only be a good thing.

Comment

I last watched wrestling as a kid so I only know of AEW from recent online chatter. Sounds like it could grow well though if WWE continues to be the vile, illegal, immoral stench it currently is though.

Comment

Well it was quite impressive i thought, big thing i was wary of was having the scale and budget and that it would look cheap, not the case at all and the matches were pretty high caliber also wrestling the focus and the spots and promos were kept short.Not perfect though there was some sloppy moments but on the whole i did enjoy it.

Weird thing having Jack whitehall as a announcer for a spot though ( he did good though i suspect it was probably linked to the ITV deal)
          Last edited by eastyy; 26-05-2019, 14:01.

Comment

Him and Tony Khan are apparently good friends, so I reckon he’s there for the ITV payday and to lend some presenting support to AEW, also he’s had some wrestling training apparently. We may see some more of him, rumour had it he may be involved with an AEW UK PPV, to be honest after the show last night I would be up for going to that.
            It’s not like WWE will ever come back to the UK for a PPV.

Thought the most disappointing match of the night was the main event, still decent but Omega was really pulling out all the stops and carrying it, Jericho looked a bit rusty like he’s spent too much time in a band and not a ring recently. Great end though with the intro to Moxley.
            Last edited by Family Fry; 26-05-2019, 14:56.

Comment

The pop with brett hart though, I guess after vince and him made up ....thats now not a thing lol

I did see Jack doing some interviews on the ITV wrestling channel

Comment

AEW Fyter Fest event i believe is on today (though after midnight our time)

Comment

I’ve read that it was a good show.

I’ve seen a few clips on Twitter of Mox v Janela, which was fun too watch.

Kenny Omega and theYoung Bucks came out dressed as Akuma, Ken & Ryu which was cool.

Couple of links for reviews of the show.

Wai Ting & Davie Portman review AEW Fyter Fest headlined by Jon Moxley vs. Joey Janela in an Unsanctioned Match. We take your phone calls and read your very ...

Comment

Yup was pretty cool, the free show before hand is on youtube as well

The Alex Jebailey match may confuse a lot of people as he is not a wrestler, but its more of a Gimmick tie in with the CEO 2019 fighting game tournament and Alex is the organiser of that so that along with the Kenny omega and young bucks all ties in

Comment

I enjoyed it, not up to the standard DoN set, but then i didn't expect much other than some filler matches until the next proper big PPV from them (as in nothing on the line in any of the matches). Big fan of Yuka Sakazaki since her AEW debut, and liked Nyla Rose turning up on Orchid outfit.

Not normally fan of the garbage match when they get bloody, but surprised Moxley was up for getting tagged by barbed wire and thumb tacks.

As we've seemed to have lost the wrestling thread, and the japanese guy in the yellow reminded me of DDT pro who he wrestles alot for, i've been enjoying following Chris Brookes (UK wrestler) wrestling with DDT Pro in Japan recently, looks alot of fun.

Apart from that i pay for NJPW world, but got around to watching much outside the big events, so im looking forward to the G1, specially with Osprey making waves.

Comment

Working...
                      X