No announcement yet.

Retro|Spective 092: The House of the Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked HOTD in both the Arcade and Sega Saturn (made ace use of the sound chip) but it was no Virtual Cop. HOTD II while most prob the best light gun game ever made in terms of desgin and map lay out, just wasn't not Jurassic Park: The Lost World and I hated Zombie Revenge (even though it had some of the best gfx on the DC). I thought HOTD III was ace fun and really showed off the XBox Hardware and also enjoyed HOTD IV and the new amazing HOTD V.

I'm hoping SEGA will bring HOTD V to PSVR at some point.

Comment

I've played all the main series except for Scarlet Dawn which I've yet to cross paths with.

Clue for 093 - Legend of the Ninja Dragon Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post

Clue for 093 - Legend of the Ninja Dragon Sword
        Ninja Gaiden.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
          HOTD2 was soooooo impressive on DC, I think it always looks amazing, probably my fave DC game and one that took full advantage of the machine.
          totally agree - blew me away at the time

Comment

Aber Pier had the proper big size HOD 1, with the large screen and pedestal. I was one of the local champions, I could get all the way to the end on a quid. I had a rival who had a weird technique where he held the gun to his stomach and rattled his finger back and forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
              Aber Pier had the proper big size HOD 1, with the large screen and pedestal. I was one of the local champions, I could get all the way to the end on a quid. I had a rival who had a weird technique where he held the gun to his stomach and rattled his finger back and forwards.
              I use a similar technique.
              It's like autofire!

Comment

Dirty monkey.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post

Hah I had a technique like that as well, you could get the gun to fire super fast that way

Weston Super-Mare Pier...when it was good.

Comment

I always use my middle finger for the trigger light gun games, it feels much easier that way.

Comment

Working...
                    X