pc engine HDMI booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pc engine HDMI booster

Wasn't sure where to post this so here's a new thread. Was just randomly emailed by amazon and this was in there, seems theres a booster board that you plug into the back of your console that will let your pc engine output HDMI it also seems to have a megadrive RGB cable output too. Might be handy for some people that want a better output but don't want to mod a machine. Comes out in aug for just under 4000 yen

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Wasn't sure where to post this so here's a new thread. Was just randomly emailed by amazon and this was in there, seems theres a booster board that you plug into the back of your console that will let your pc engine output HDMI it also seems to have a megadrive RGB cable output too. Might be handy for some people that want a better output but don't want to mod a machine. Comes out in aug for just under 4000 yen

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/...802_em_1p_1_ti
    Wow, nice product. I wonder how well it works?

Comment

Not sure if it just converts to rgb or some scaling as well seeing as it uses hdmi, I had no idea it even existed till this morning. I no longer have a pce but I thought it might be useful to someone who does. Only had a quick read of the product info but didn’t have time to try translating before I headed out to work.

Comment

I seem to recall this not having any scaling capabilities beyond line doubling. RetroRGB suspects its the same chip used in the Pound HDMI cables so won’t be much cop.
        Last edited by speedlolita; 29-05-2019, 11:39.

Comment

SSD3 is what you need for RGB out without the faff. But damn it’s expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            I wonder how well it works?
            It's taking RGB from the EXT socket and converting it to an HDMI signal.

The advert says "no upconversion function", so the image might be soft/blurry.

Maybe there will be more info when it's on sale.

Comment

These things make sense if you only have, and will only ever have, one retro console. Otherwise just get an ossc and have amazing hdmi output with scaling , line doubling, tripling and scanlines for all your consoles.

Comment

Working...
              X