No announcement yet.

The Avengers ("Avongers")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, gonna nail my colours to the mast on this one.

I think this is going to be a huge flop; and I know that "Eidos" have spent so much on it now (purely from observation; dev team size and duration) that I honestly suspect this is going to be the game which breaks Eidos. Squeenix will cut them loose.

I just think that Squeenix have underestimated how much of the MCU's appeal is the MCU; not the generic concept of Captain America or Iron Man. They probably look at Batman Arkham and Spiderman and think it'll be fine, but those are top-tier, tentpole franchises.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      Okay, gonna nail my colours to the mast on this one.

I think this is going to be a huge flop; and I know that "Eidos" have spent so much on it now (purely from observation; dev team size and duration) that I honestly suspect this is going to be the game which breaks Eidos. Squeenix will cut them loose.

I just think that Squeenix have underestimated how much of the MCU's appeal is the MCU; not the generic concept of Captain America or Iron Man. They probably look at Batman Arkham and Spiderman and think it'll be fine, but those are top-tier, tentpole franchises.
      I don't know if this is the one that breaks Eidos, but I think you might be right. There is also a precedent for Marvel branded games not doing great financially. Marvel Heroes springs to mind.

I think it's needs to be a very good game in its own right, that's for sure. The other factor is that the GaaS/Live Service marker is saturated and we've seen a lot of failures/games under performing.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
        I think it's needs to be a very good game in its own right, that's for sure.
        Yeah; I should say, I don't think it's going to be a bad game, per se. It probably won't be for me, but I think it'll be fun, very good, even. But I think this is going to be Eidos's Anthem.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Yeah; I should say, I don't think it's going to be a bad game, per se. It probably won't be for me, but I think it'll be fun, very good, even. But I think this is going to be Eidos's Anthem.
          Yep. Even if it critically successful, like The Division 2, you can still fail to meet financial expectations. As a licenced game too this has got to make even more revenue/profit as well. It's anecdotal but as someone that loved the MCU I have no interest in this, and although I'm not a massive fan of comics/Marvel etc. that doesn't feel a good sign.

Comment

I wonder if it will do the usual Sqeenix thing of being half price after about 2 months?

FFVIIR didn't but that will be because it sold in huge numbers.

If this sells poor - moderate levels it will be reduced quite quickly.

Comment

Comment

That looks great!!! However, am I going to be playing most of the game as the girl that says Embiggen? Cos, I don’t wanna do that :|

Comment

Starring Nathan Drake as Iron Man.

Joel Miller as The Hulk

Nadine Ross as Black Widow.

Comment

Game looks great. Looking forward to this

Comment

They had to add loot....my achilles heel lol

Comment

I kinda like the loot thing. So if Thor's hammer is an epic item, will we see common items such as a regular DIY hammer and Mallet's Mallet?

Comment

If Mallet's Mallet was in there, this would be a day 1 instabuy.

Comment

This looks like a classic bait and switch that video above 100% makes me think that I'm gonna be playing little miss embiggen for 90% of the game. Avengers like hulk iron man ect are too powerful so how do you make the player feel like there progressing you either hobble characters and make them go on a redemption story and regain power orrrrrrr.....For 90% of the game your not really an avenger your a little girl coming to terms with her powers like in the above trailer,

I think there gonna throw us the the odd team up mission or side mission where you get to go mad smashing stuff as the Hulk/Thor, or fly about as iron man and then groan at the absolute worst stealth sections as black widow.
                            Last edited by Lebowski; 25-06-2020, 14:36.

Comment

I personally don't think it looks that great.

Comment

I pretty sure they already confirmed a while back now that Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) would be the main protagonist, her story is helping get the band back together and trying to clear their name, also she’s an avengers/superhero fan.

Kinda looks ok, better than it was a while back but still it looks like a service based game, part of me thinks it would have been better just to embrace the OTT nature of the avengers. Instead it looks like we have the god of thunder wielding Mjölnir doing 25+ attack damage to tiny robots he should be ripping apart, y’know on the account of him being the ****ing god of thunder.

Comment

Working...
                                X