The Avengers ("Avongers")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I've seen so far, I wouldn't touch it with even your* controller

Everything about this game sounds awful.

(* your as in the general your, rather than coming around your, (the reader's), house, picking up your controller (after disinfecting it having sent you to isolate in another room) and then not playing the game just to prove a point )

Comment

Virgin Media customers can get in on the beta without having to purchase the game.

Comment

I have a VM code, no interest in this game. So on the assumption that anyone can use it, if you want it post here and I will drop you a PM.

(You will need to have / create a Square Enix Members account, input the code, choose platform, get beta code.)

Comment

Yes please [MENTION=3905]wheelaa[/MENTION]

Comment

Pmed. Hope it works!

Comment

Digital Foundry said the game seems to be fun. It has a very Division 2 vibe from the sound of it.

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa View Post
                Pmed. Hope it works!
                All working. DLing right now for me to try later this evening. Thanks again!!

Comment

Starts Friday no?

Comment

I've had a quick go of this. There seems to be a nice big chunk of content. Outside of the game telling me I'm not connected to the internet (I am!), Ive been pretty wowed by what I've seen so far. Hulk is great! You get a nice feel of the characters. Its not gonna blow you socks off, but it's really decent. The combat is fun, the levels so far are linear story based, but I believe it eventually breaks away from the and puts you in a Division type game.

Comment

In a word: woeful.

More depth:

1. Looks okay except for faces (wrong) and hair (different layers to make it look realistic but doesn't work)

2. Lots of particles and okay lighting

3. Combat nicked from so many other, better games

4. Voices are the same handful that you know the developers have hired because they think it gives them kudos but actually you sit there and go "oh look. Nathan Drake is Iron Man or Abby from TLOU2 is Black Widow" which really pulls you out of the game

5. Frame rate is a little inconsistent

6. The pad vibrates for everything including when you've highlighted an option on the menu and then press button to confirm

7. How many times do you have to do the dodge-roll against Taskmaster?!

8. Camera wobbles.every time you hit an enemy making it feel like the game is being played on a TV with, for want of a better description, bad tracking like you used to get on VHS

Woeful!!

Comment

Kamala's combat animations though. Love that.

Comment

Played the PC beta this morning and it felt as generic as they come. It's essentially an eShop with a basic game mode attached so you can play with your purchases.

Comment

I had a go earlier and I felt swamped underneath all the numbers, attributes and perks. I’d probably have more fun playing a spreadsheet. I’ll give it more of a go tomorrow but it doesn’t feel like it’s for me.

Comment

Reading peoples' impressions which range from great to playing a spreadsheet I get the impression this is leaningng towards the Avengers game people didn't want? I know Capcom got a lot of heat for not including the X-Men in the last MvC title (it was Avengers vs Capcom in disguise) but at least it captured the world of Marvel. This seems to be what happens when a corporate publisher with a poor reputation tasks a developer with packing in modern leveling/grinding and microtransactions culture for a successful and beloved brand.

It'll be interesting to see what reviewers have to say and which are overly glowing like they're going down a checklist because they got early access to the finished game.

Comment

Some Redditers datamined the beta and found the following characters hidden in the code that haven't been mentioned yet:

Ant ManWasp
                                Vision
                                Black Panther
                                Dr Strange
                                Falcon
                                Mar-Vell
                                Mockingbird
                                Quake
                                Winter Soldier
                                Scarlet Witch
                                Captain Marvel
                                Kate Bishop