No announcement yet.

The Avengers ("Avongers")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not surprised in the least. It's never looked appealing even going back to the first E3 trailer.

Comment

I think the game came out too late in the current gens life cycle and was released at the height of the current pandemic. Also, without a pending or recent movie tie-in near its release date, the general buzz was probably not where it could have been.

Personally, I had no real interest in it, and was a game I figured I’d experience at a budget release level.

Comment

Like with Anthem the idea was far better than the execution though with Anthem it seems like it was all Bioware that screwed it up, having over 6 years but no one taking charge and refusing to discuss similar games like Destiny.

So will be interesting if a expose comes out for Avengers on who is to blame, people have been saying that a lot of the issues might be Disney related and the lore like with not showing visual differences with loot but i dunno about that as tbh there is a lot of lore breaking stuff in the game and i can see Square wanting the costume microtransactions

Comment

£36m

that's how much avengers lost for Sqaure Enix, it beggars belief that they could loose so much from such a massive franchise.
          Last edited by Lebowski; 09-11-2020, 10:26.

Comment

Bloody hell, that's up there with 'The Spirits Within'...

Comment

Me thinks those next-gen versions of the game are never coming

Comment

Just dump it in the ocean

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Okay, gonna nail my colours to the mast on this one.

I think this is going to be a huge flop; and I know that "Eidos" have spent so much on it now (purely from observation; dev team size and duration) that I honestly suspect this is going to be the game which breaks Eidos. Squeenix will cut them loose.

I just think that Squeenix have underestimated how much of the MCU's appeal is the MCU; not the generic concept of Captain America or Iron Man. They probably look at Batman Arkham and Spiderman and think it'll be fine, but those are top-tier, tentpole franchises.
                  Hate to self-quote, but sometimes I get it right

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    Hate to self-quote, but sometimes I get it right
                    Nailed it.

Comment

Half price on steam at the moment

Comment

They've added some visual bells and haptics... but that's about it.

Comment

https://twitter.com/PlayAvengers/sta...63929555292161 Basically after the update in March no new content and support comes to a end in september

Comment

Hats off to them, at least 2 more years of support than it needed or deserved

Comment

Avongers Disassembled

Comment

How does Halo Infinite campaign dlc get cancelled with no budget worries and this junk gets 2 more years of support, is it that profitable still? It must be for that kind of commitment.

Go Avongers.

Comment

Working...
                                X